Sportline Commisioner? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sportline Commisioner?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sportline Commisioner?

Postby dnelms » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:58 pm

Has anyone been able to get the trial version of Sportsline Commisioner to setup without using a credit card? The FAQ is listed below, but yet the last thing in setup prompts for CC. Anyone gotten it to setup and give you a trial without entering it (CC). I'm not gonna buy it without getting a look around.

How does the free trial period work?
Simply sign up and begin setting up your league on the site. You will not be prompted for any payment information until you decide that you would like to use the Baseball Commissioner for the entire season. If you do not decide to use the Baseball Commissioner, your site will simply be turned off after 14 days. So there is nothing to lose by trying it out.
dnelms
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mkoss » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:07 pm

If you get it figured out, will you pm me, please?
From the official rulebook of baseball: "Baseball is a game played between two teams of nine players each." Therefore, baseball is a game played only in the National League.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:08 pm

Are they asking for your CC# but they won't charge it until the trial period is up? I can imagine they had a lot of people checking out the trial period that were never serious of paying for it last year so maybe the CC# is a requirement to deter people who aren't that serious. Thats just my hypothesis. I haven't looked at Sportsline this year.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby dnelms » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:13 pm

I think what they've done is a bit deceiving, but I figured it out. Go thru the setup process. Then close out your browser at the payment screen. Open back up, sign in and you'll get a logo at the top of the page. Clike on it and you see your website, and you can still set things up and change them from within the website.
dnelms
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:02 pm

yeah I just went in a set up a dummy league to see how it works. you don't have to close out your browser though to bypass the payment screen. Just click on your league home tab and it'll take you to your league's main page. You can do all the regular league stuff. There is just a little note that says you haven't paid for the service yet.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Grady Sizemore » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:10 am

this will be my 4th year using sportsline commishioner option and although it seems expensive, if you have owners who are extremely active its the best option out there. The amount of custimized options are great, you pretty much control everything as far as the rules of your league go and such yahoo and sandbox or espn don't even come close.
A Jose Canseco bat?! Hope you didn't pay money for this
Grady Sizemore
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

i second!

Postby cubbiebear20 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:03 pm

Grady Sizemore wrote:this will be my 4th year using sportsline commishioner option and although it seems expensive, if you have owners who are extremely active its the best option out there. The amount of custimized options are great, you pretty much control everything as far as the rules of your league go and such yahoo and sandbox or espn don't even come close.

This is my 3rd year with Sportsline and agree 110% with everything said here-- especially like Grady said if you have active owners. It's a godsend for sure. The interface and functionality get better every year!

-pete
cubbiebear20

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Fumbler » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:25 am

How is it getting better when you can't customize your home page anymore? It's bad enough will all the ads, but now i have to subject myself to what Sportline wants me to see on my home page? No thanks...
Fumbler

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ScurvyDog » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:57 am

We have used Sportsline for 5 years and we love it! ;-D
"Life is tough. But it is even tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
ScurvyDog

While I agree with Fumbler about the ads....

Postby sst2003 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:30 pm

I have to say that Sportsline has made my life as stat man very easty for the last four seasons. Retro-active stats, tracking contracts and salaries, everything is a breeze if you have any common sense whatsoever!!

And, at less than $9 per team ($99 early bird special with 12 team league), it's the best value out there in my mind.

You get ads everywhere you go on the internet nowadays.I have to say that Sportsline has made my life as stat man very easty for the last four seasons. Retro-active stats, tracking contracts and salaries, everything is a breeze if you have any common sense whatsoever!!

And, at less than $9 per team ($99 early bird special with 12 team league), it's the best value out there in my mind.

You get ads everywhere you go on the internet nowadays.
"Fight at the bat rack" I'm a Brewer fan, I see that all the time!!!
sst2003
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers