David Wright - concerned? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

David Wright - concerned?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby idealFX » Tue May 02, 2006 11:35 am

ok so its been 4 days since the 2 hr's and i havent seen anything. luckily i have delgado and tejada carrying my team, but wright needs to get that average up because he and posada are just killing me. is there any other update on his condition?
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 02, 2006 12:57 pm

idealFX wrote:ok so its been 4 days since the 2 hr's and i havent seen anything. luckily i have delgado and tejada carrying my team, but wright needs to get that average up because he and posada are just killing me. is there any other update on his condition?

Get his average up from .290?? :-? Only 11 points below career average, and we're a month in. He'll bat .300, don't worry about that. His groin appears to be fine, he's swiped 5 of his 6 bags since the 'report', and has managed 5 blasts, 16 Runs, and 18 RBI. Be patient. This kid will pay dividends.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby nirjraina » Wed May 03, 2006 11:07 am

Average is the last thing im worried about with this guy, thats where his real strength is. He will easily hit around .310, just hope he has 30/30 to go with it ;-D
nirjraina
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed May 03, 2006 12:38 pm

I heard he's sporting a new goatee to try and help out the slump. Didn't work last night :-/
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby idealFX » Wed May 03, 2006 2:11 pm

a goatee usually signifies steroids................... uh oh. anyway, i hope he uses them well. i need numbers! a sb yesterday didn't hurt.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ingov » Wed May 03, 2006 2:57 pm

some more news:

ESPN: Wright (groin) is 0-for-14 since his two-homer game versus Atlanta on April 27 and acknowledged that his swing has gotten too long and pull-happy, the NY Post reports. "I've been pulling the ball a lot lately. My front shoulder's flying off; that creates a lot of swing. I'm in one of those little ruts," Wright said. "I haven't felt too comfortable for a while. Atlanta came to us that first time, and I felt my front shoulder start flying. You've got to fight your way out of it."
ingov
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ingov » Wed May 17, 2006 3:39 pm

now 16 games without a homer! his BA is barely around .300 thanks to some singles. hope it's just a little slump and that he's not hiding an injury. i'm definitely concerned as a wright owner...
ingov
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates