Young Blood - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Young Blood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Young Blood

Postby Just Admit It Pete » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:44 pm

I want to talk about the young- on the edge players- these in particular but you can add more for discussion. Please add more for discussion.

Jason Lane- Worth a pickup in a keeper league free agent draft? Does Ward to L.A. give him a chance to start? Some say he is the next berkman, anyone convinced of that?

Mike Cuddyer- Again worth it for keeper leagues? Does this guy have any speed potential to go along with what I see as a mediocre .280 25, 75 for an OF?

Felipe Lopez- Worth keeping for 04 or 05? Last season they were saying he is the next Tejada?

Fransisco Rodriguez- Have we seen enough yet?

Dewon Brazelton, Juan Cruz, Olvio, V. Martinez, anyone else 8-o ?
Just Admit It Pete

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bonecrusher17 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:59 pm

What about Kurt Ainsworth of SF? Anybody got anything on him?
bonecrusher17

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby djacks » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:56 pm

These are just my opinions on differnt things I have read about these players:

Jason Lane: plays above his tools, meaning he's not going to be near as good as Berkman. Borderline starter in the majors.

Felipe Lopez: if he were going to be as good as Tejada, he'd be starting in Toronto. He's not, on both counts.

Juan Cruz: I had high hopes for him last year, but he stunk it up. Will be a middle reliever for the forseeable future.

Victor Martinez: ;-D Sleeper alert! This guy can rake! Is probably a year or two away from making a real impact but could be the best hitting catcher in baseball by '05/'06.

I don't know enough about the other guys listed. What about Ken Harvey, Brandon Larson, and Brando Phillips? Also, what's the latest on Ryan Anderson? A few years ago he was the next RJ, is going to come back from his surgery?
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djacks » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:57 pm

I like Kurt Ainsworth also! Could be a solid pitcher this year if he makes the rotation in SF.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Ryan Anderson

Postby SirStanley » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:09 pm

Ryan Anderson is throwing without pain. He will probably start the season in AAA Tacoma and would not likely be called up during the 2003 season. IF he stays injury free this year and does well at AAA he will have a great shot at the major league club in 2004. ;-D
SirStanley
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shizzlemynizzle » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:11 pm

Juan Cruz: I still think he has a bright future. He's got a great arm if he can just stay healthy, keep his confidence, and learn to pitch at this level.

Jason Lane: Biggio just got extended, Berkman isn't going anywhere, and Hidalgo is making too much money to sit or trade. Merced was resigned to be the 4th outfielder, so I'd rather see Lane in New Orleans getting 500 AB's than riding the pine in Houston. He does have some talent, but like djacks mentioned he has been tagged as an "overachiever".

I also think Martinez is a year away, not sure about Lopez.

djacks - I like Ainsworth and Phillips too. On Sportscenter they were talking about who would fill the remaining rotation spots for the Mariners after Garcia-Moyer-Piniero, and there was no mention of Anderson.
shizzlemynizzle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers