The Nintendo Revolution is now...the Wii?!!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Nintendo Revolution is now...the Wii?!!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:48 pm

Pacman wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote: Also, Mario hasn't fought Donkey Kong in 25 years :D
You've never played MarioKart with me. :-D


Pogo, seriously, my 9-year-old would give you a run for your money in MarioKart Double Dash. He dominates when we race, and he's smashed all the time trial records too.

Not surprised by his dominance, though... it's in the genes. :-D


I dont really want to get old but one thing I will look forward is playing Video Games with my kids. And giving them the business when I dominate. ;-D

Congrats on being a cool dad. ;-D
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Postby perlick29 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:50 pm

Madison wrote:
What are you doing?


Playing with my Wii.


Stupid. Just stupid. I thought GameCube was a dumb name, but Nintendo outdid themselves with this one. :-P


I wish I had read those quotes before I posted. That was freaking HILARIOUS Mad. And you didnt put an emoticon as if there was no joke there it made it even more funny somehow. :-D
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Postby Zito is God » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:09 pm

The name is retarded.

I like the idea because of the downloadables of all the old games. I figuire I'll get the system and then not buy any games but download all the old Marios and Donkey Kongs and Zelda's.
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:10 pm

i dont care what the new systems name is...

JUST GIVE ME NEW ZELDA!!!!
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:35 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i dont care what the new systems name is...

JUST GIVE ME NEW ZELDA!!!!


I heard October. :-t
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:39 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Pacman wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote: Also, Mario hasn't fought Donkey Kong in 25 years :D
You've never played MarioKart with me. :-D


Pogo, seriously, my 9-year-old would give you a run for your money in MarioKart Double Dash. He dominates when we race, and he's smashed all the time trial records too.

Not surprised by his dominance, though... it's in the genes. :-D

I don't care too much for Double Dash since you could really abuse items if you were good by constantly switching drivers and picking up 2 items boxes constantly. Now Mario Kart DS, I find rather superior. I hate calling this thing the Wii in any sort of public area :D

I agree the boxes in DD can be overboard sometimes but when racing against less experienced players it makes the playing field a little more even. Then again it is pretty annoying to get hit with 4 blue shells in a race.

Anyone heard anything about on-line play with the new system. I sure they will come out with a new MarioKart game and I would love to play on-line.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:30 am

Psh, who console games these days? It's all about the PC, baby. :-D
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby Half Massed » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:11 am

If the system's good they could call it the Super System of Gaming Goodness Extravaganza and it would still sell fine. On second thought, the SSGGE would beat out the Wii name-wise. Maybe I should write a letter... :-D
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:38 am

So is it a portable Wii? ;-7

If so, is it a battery powered Wii? ;-7

Any chance it's a wireless Wii? ;-7

If it's not wireless, how much cable does the Wii come with? ;-7

Can you link one Wii to another? ;-7

What disks does the Wii accept? ;-7

How many controllers? Two way, or 4 way Wii? ;-7


And of course:

What programming companies are already on board the Wii? ;-7


And this post is not complete without...........












How big is Nintendo's Wii? ;-7 ;-7
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:24 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
Pacman wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote: Also, Mario hasn't fought Donkey Kong in 25 years :D
You've never played MarioKart with me. :-D


Pogo, seriously, my 9-year-old would give you a run for your money in MarioKart Double Dash. He dominates when we race, and he's smashed all the time trial records too.

Not surprised by his dominance, though... it's in the genes. :-D

I don't care too much for Double Dash since you could really abuse items if you were good by constantly switching drivers and picking up 2 items boxes constantly. Now Mario Kart DS, I find rather superior. I hate calling this thing the Wii in any sort of public area :D

I agree the boxes in DD can be overboard sometimes but when racing against less experienced players it makes the playing field a little more even. Then again it is pretty annoying to get hit with 4 blue shells in a race.

Anyone heard anything about on-line play with the new system. I sure they will come out with a new MarioKart game and I would love to play on-line.

I've played Mario Kart DS online, and it left me a little disappointed. It was a bit rushed and bland. You couldn't choose who you wanted to play with, there was just matchmaking. Even with the friends list, it'd pick 3 random friends online at the time. Also, only 20/32 tracks were available online, apparently due to lag issues. (Which was a lie, hackers got the other 12 tracks online with no slowdown at all.) Hopefully the Revolution...I mean Wii iteration improves on these shortcomings.

Also, Zelda comes out in October or November apparently, along with the Wii more than likely. Theres a good chance that the only reason its coming out then was to add Wii controller bonus functions and to help aid Wii sales as a virtual launch title for the system. Which also makes me think the launch may be weaker than Nintendo Promised.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Oct. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact