Lowdown on HUGE May SP Sleeper! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lowdown on HUGE May SP Sleeper!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lowdown on HUGE May SP Sleeper!

Postby TexasStampede » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:19 pm

Alright so I've been doing some research and I think I have stumbled across a mighty fine sleeper for May....

Sean Marshall (CHC)

Now check this out...he is scheduled to face the following teams in May:

Pitt
SD
SF
WAS
FLA
ATL

Now I know having Cubbie SPs on your team is like playing russian roulette but you have to admit that is a very favorable schedule. What do you think? I'd be curious to hear what some of the guys who follow prospects heavily have to say...
TexasStampede
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:22 pm

he's got a nasty curve and looks to have strong poise. with that schedule hes worth a shot.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:24 pm

If he is pitching in all of those ballparks I would be much more interested....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:30 pm

IF Wood and Prior are back then Marshall won't be in the rotation.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 118)

Postby rich101682 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:40 pm

Havok1517 wrote:IF Wood and Prior are back then Marshall won't be in the rotation.

So basically, he will start all of those games is what you're saying? :-o
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:41 pm

He's not a sleeper in Chicago! I love watching him pitch!! ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:49 pm

[quote="rich101682"][quote="Havok1517"]IF Wood and Prior are back then Marshall won't be in the rotation.[/quote]

So basically, he will start all of those games is what you're saying? :-o[/quote]

Well...

Rotoworld
Kerry Wood (shoulder) threw three scoreless innings during a rehab appearance with the rookie league Mesa Cubs on Wednesday.
Wood reportedly touched 95 mph on the radar gun. He allowed one hit, one walk, and struck out five while throwing 39 pitches. This is a major step for Wood. If he has no soreness from the effort he could be out on a minor league rehab assignment very soon.
Source: Chicago Sun-Times

Mark Prior (shoulder) will throw 40-50 pitches during batting practice on Thursday.
This is Prior's second time facing batters. His rehab has been going very well so far. He remains around a month away from returning.

Things appear to be looking up. For the Cubs and their fans I hope they are. Also, I do believe that Maddux may possibly be dealt soon so that leaves Marshall, Hill, Williams, Rusch, & Miller (when he gets back). Is Marshall liked better than Hill by the Cub brass? They appear to be even, maybe Hill is better suited for pen work?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:16 am

Havok1517 wrote:
rich101682 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:IF Wood and Prior are back then Marshall won't be in the rotation.

So basically, he will start all of those games is what you're saying? :-o

Well...

Rotoworld
Kerry Wood (shoulder) threw three scoreless innings during a rehab appearance with the rookie league Mesa Cubs on Wednesday.
Wood reportedly touched 95 mph on the radar gun. He allowed one hit, one walk, and struck out five while throwing 39 pitches. This is a major step for Wood. If he has no soreness from the effort he could be out on a minor league rehab assignment very soon.

Mark Prior (shoulder) will throw 40-50 pitches during batting practice on Thursday.
This is Prior's second time facing batters. His rehab has been going very well so far. He remains around a month away from returning.

Things appear to be looking up. For the Cubs and their fans I hope they are. Also, I do believe that Maddux may possibly be dealt soon so that leaves Marshall, Hill, Williams, Rusch, & Miller (when he gets back). Is Marshall liked better than Hill by the Cub brass? They appear to be even, maybe Hill is better suited for pen work?

I've heard about the Maddux potential trade as well. Only the Cubs front office would even consider doing something so stupid. Maddux is at a reasonable price who always gives the Cubs a lot of innings are a chance to win every outing.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:39 am

[quote="Yoda"][quote="Havok1517"][quote="rich101682"][quote="Havok1517"]IF Wood and Prior are back then Marshall won't be in the rotation.[/quote]

So basically, he will start all of those games is what you're saying? :-o[/quote]

Well...

Rotoworld

Things appear to be looking up. For the Cubs and their fans I hope they are. Also, I do believe that Maddux may possibly be dealt soon so that leaves Marshall, Hill, Williams, Rusch, & Miller (when he gets back). Is Marshall liked better than Hill by the Cub brass? They appear to be even, maybe Hill is better suited for pen work?[/quote]

I've heard about the Maddux potential trade as well. Only the Cubs front office would even consider doing something so stupid. Maddux is at a reasonable price who always gives the Cubs a lot of innings are a chance to win every outing.[/quote]

Well, I think it depends on who they could get back in a trade. Maddux is currently at peak value and is a FA after this year. I really consider SP a Cub strength, not vet SP might be a different story. A healthy Wade Miller might do well? I'm willing to bet that it depends on Wood and Prior, just like the rest of the Cub's season. Maybe they could get a combination of player including guys like Aybar, maybe Betemit. I'm not sure
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby jbones733 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:52 am

nice sleeper pick, good work, im going to look into him ;-D
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic