Shawn Chacon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Shawn Chacon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shawn Chacon

Postby Crawford13MVP » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:59 pm

So...

Watching the game tonight, and Chacon's stuff looks good, but he isn't getting the Ks. Last start, he was strong against Baltimore, but the weather was terrible and he was still 3/3 K/BB.

Tonight, his breaking stuff is on point, and through six he's allowed one run on three hits with a 3/2 K/BB.

At this point, is Chacon worth a pickup? Or is his low dominance a sign that he's due to go back to his average self?

I'm torn, only because he is getting a good deal of 2 strike counts and is actually 10-5 GB/FB tonight, way off his normal ratio. He might be worth a stash on the bench.
Crawford13MVP
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby palehose » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:21 pm

That's two real nice starts in a row. I have picked him up. Should get way more run support than tonight too, they scored all 4 late.
palehose
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jbauer2485 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:28 am

I wouldn't pick him up unless it was a deep league. He doesn't get any Ks and walks too many people, but he will get the W's. So I guess it depends on the type of league.

Also, after watching him a lot, I consider him to be one of the luckiest pitchers I've ever watched. His stuff isn't that good, but he can somehow get out of so many innings with runners in scoring position. I don't know how many times he's gotten lucky like that, especially with bases loaded situations, but it seems more frequent than the average pitcher. This is why I wouldn't want to pick him up, because he's such a risk and bound to get lit up a bunch this year.

The Yankees don't consider him any higher than a 4th or 5th starter(even though his stats indicate otherwise) and I would agree with them.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates