Elijah Dukes worth a pickup? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Elijah Dukes worth a pickup?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Elijah Dukes worth a pickup?

Postby speedy27 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:54 pm

12 team 7x7 H2H keeper league (10 keepers)...

Here's a look at my current minor league players (max 400AB, 200IP) Is E.Dukes worth picking up over any of the below players?

Thanks ;-D

Minor League roster:

Howie Kendrick-2B, Dan Uggla-2B, Chris Burke-2B/OF, Eric Duncan-3B, Erick Aybar-SS, Joey Gathright-OF, Chris B. Young-OF, Chad Billingsley-SP, Joel Zumaya-SP, Edwin Jackson-SP, Mike Pelfrey-SP, Adam Loewen-SP, Greg Miller-SP, Jonathan Broxton-RP, Joey Devine-RP
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:34 pm

possibly over G Miller
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby speedy27 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:05 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:possibly over G Miller

that's who i was thinking as well.

Who's upside is potentially better in your opinions? Will Miller's arm ever be strong enough to go back to starting and will Dukes ever get a chance in the DRays overcrowded OF (potential trade)?

thanks ;-D
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:19 pm

Great point abou the TB OF being really crowded! He's available inmy deep keeper league but I can't drop anyone.

I think J Broxton has a better future than Miller (if you're thinking Miller would eventually close...and even if he was to become a starter, the Dodgers have several pitchers better anyway)

On Greg Miller: From some Internet scouting source

Greg Miller was drafted in the supplemental first round because of a projectable frame. The projection Logan White saw turned out to be pretty good, as Miller broke out when he was 19. Unfortunately, injuries have forced Miller to sit out all of 2004 and most of 2005. If Miller had been fully healthy, he would likely have ranked at the top of this list if he was not in the major leagues already. When healthy, Miller shows a low 90s fastball, a power curve, a good slider, and a solid changeup. Miller had displayed solid command and a good feel. However, Miller really struggled with his command this year. Miller’s future took another hit when he was shut down in the Arizona Fall League. We are unsure of Miller’s future, but he still has ace potential.

Elijah Dukes, OF, 6’2/210, S/R DOB: 6/26/84
Milton Bradley #2, Dukes is a five-tool talent who has the skill set to be a 30-30 man and play gold glove caliber centerfield, but will all that talent Dukes is a volatile personality that could go off at any time. If he can keep his attitude in check Dukes is a superstar in the making as I look for him to start 2006 in Triple A or become trade bait for a pitcher they so badly need this winter ,with Tampa Bay having amazing outfield depth in Crawford, Baldelli , Young, Gomes, and Gathright.

I think I'd rather have Dukes.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby speedy27 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:36 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:Great point abou the TB OF being really crowded! He's available inmy deep keeper league but I can't drop anyone.

I think J Broxton has a better future than Miller (if you're thinking Miller would eventually close...and even if he was to become a starter, the Dodgers have several pitchers better anyway)

Greg Miller was drafted in the supplemental first round because of a projectable frame. The projection Logan White saw turned out to be pretty good, as Miller broke out when he was 19. Unfortunately, injuries have forced Miller to sit out all of 2004 and most of 2005. If Miller had been fully healthy, he would likely have ranked at the top of this list if he was not in the major leagues already. When healthy, Miller shows a low 90s fastball, a power curve, a good slider, and a solid changeup. Miller had displayed solid command and a good feel. However, Miller really struggled with his command this year. Miller’s future took another hit when he was shut down in the Arizona Fall League. We are unsure of Miller’s future, but he still has ace potential.

Milton Bradley #2, Dukes is a five-tool talent who has the skill set to be a 30-30 man and play gold glove caliber centerfield, but will all that talent Dukes is a volatile personality that could go off at any time. If he can keep his attitude in check Dukes is a superstar in the making as I look for him to start 2006 in Triple A or become trade bait for a pitcher they so badly need this winter ,with Tampa Bay having amazing outfield depth in Crawford, Baldelli , Young, Gomes, and Gathright.

thanks ;-D
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:23 pm

Uggla is nothing special.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:22 am

Havok1517 wrote:Uggla is nothing special.

I think Uggla has nice pop for a middle infielder...
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby speedy27 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:45 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Uggla is nothing special.

nice thing about Uggla is that he is currently playing in the majors so as long as he's under 400 AB he's much like a bench player if i have an injury...also maked decent trade bait!
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Fri May 05, 2006 6:56 pm

speedy27 wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:Great point abou the TB OF being really crowded! He's available inmy deep keeper league but I can't drop anyone.

thanks ;-D

I'm family friends with Miller and will fill you in with where he is at. He obviously had shoulder problems and even after 2 surgerys it didn't get better. The Dodgers have asked him to change his arm angle to more of a 3/4 delivery and he is having a very difficult time adjusting. He can't find his control with the new angle, so hopefully he will eventually find it and get back to where he was before being injured.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball