Bronson Aroyo... WTF!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bronson Aroyo... WTF!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bronson Aroyo... WTF!!

Postby D-Store » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:35 pm

How does he go to one of the most hitter friendly ball parks and suddenly become a stud pitcher? Every year I pick him up on a team thinking this will be his year, and every year he has made me look like a fool. This year I decided to stay away thinking he will never become the stud I thought he could be... again I look like a fool. LOL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=201600
D-Store
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:46 pm

I doubt he continues to pitch the way he is now for the whole season. He'll get lit up a few times pitching in Cincy.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby johnsamo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:34 am

He had these hot streaks in Boston too, then would get rocked...
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fantasy baller » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:45 am

hey it is easier in his division than it was in boston. He's a hell of a guy to have for free.
fantasy baller
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Bronson Aroyo... WTF!!

Postby jvmillion83 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:58 am

D-Store wrote:How does he go to one of the most hitter friendly ball parks and suddenly become a stud pitcher? Every year I pick him up on a team thinking this will be his year, and every year he has made me look like a fool. This year I decided to stay away thinking he will never become the stud I thought he could be... again I look like a fool. LOL

Actually he came from a more hitter friendly park in the AL
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:08 pm

Lets not forget that he is going from the AL to the NL, so the hitters don't know him. I'm sure he will get rocked a few times this year, but I'm thinking in the end he will have a pretty good season, and is worth having on your roster.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:58 pm

I think it's a combination of, he's streakyto begin with, he's been up against some slumping teams, he's facing pitchers now, and the NL hasn't learned to lay off that low breaking ball.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby D-Store » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:53 pm

jvmillion83 wrote:
D-Store wrote:How does he go to one of the most hitter friendly ball parks and suddenly become a stud pitcher? Every year I pick him up on a team thinking this will be his year, and every year he has made me look like a fool. This year I decided to stay away thinking he will never become the stud I thought he could be... again I look like a fool. LOL

Actually he came from a more hitter friendly park in the AL

I don't know how you figure that. If you did your homework you'd know that more runs were scored in the Great American Ball Park than any other ball park last year.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=201600
D-Store
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gostanford07 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:36 pm

I'll tell you how... because four of his starts have been on the road lol ;-D . He may have moved to a team that plays in a hitter's park, but if he continues to pitch on the road it won't matter. His one home start against to Cubs he gave up 3 runs in 6.2 innings. Not a bad start, but not on this incredible pace that he's kept up on the road (except @STL).
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby Joe Mauer » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:17 am

Someone just picked him up in my 5X5 roto league where everyone is started....no bench...12 team...

Too early to do so in that league....you gain/lose all the stats of the player you added/dropped and they count $10 towards your $300 draft day salary cap. So, you basically have to leave money available after the draft for roster moves, with the average team having maybe 5 roster moves all season long.

I liked him....but in that park....too early a pickup. :-t

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates