Hall of Famers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hall of Famers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby giants! » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:04 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
bellings wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Everyone belongs in the HOF....EVERYONE. Play 10 years and you should automaticallly qualify. It is only fair. If Ozzie Smith can get in with a 660 OPS, then anyone good enough to play regularly for 10 or more years should qualify as an all time great.

Yes, every player that plays for 10 years, posts a 660 OPS, and is the greatest player of all time at the most important defensive position in baseball should make the HOF.
Well put.

What do people think of Chipper Jones' chances at this point? He's one of the all-time best offensive 3Bs, and if he can stick around for another ~5 years, he'll push 450 HRs.

You already know my opiniong of Chipper, but at this point, he is nowhere near a hall of famer. If he can put up another 3-4 30hr seasons with a .300 average, he will be a sure hall of famer
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Derek Lowe in a Hall of Fame thread??? :-o :-o :-o
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:35 pm

DK wrote:Derek Lowe in a Hall of Fame thread??? :-o :-o :-o

I thought that was a typo...
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:40 pm

bceagles04 wrote:
DK wrote:Derek Lowe in a Hall of Fame thread??? :-o :-o :-o

I thought that was a typo...

But he left Jeter off of his list. :-?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:21 pm

giants! wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
bellings wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Everyone belongs in the HOF....EVERYONE. Play 10 years and you should automaticallly qualify. It is only fair. If Ozzie Smith can get in with a 660 OPS, then anyone good enough to play regularly for 10 or more years should qualify as an all time great.

Yes, every player that plays for 10 years, posts a 660 OPS, and is the greatest player of all time at the most important defensive position in baseball should make the HOF.
Well put.

What do people think of Chipper Jones' chances at this point? He's one of the all-time best offensive 3Bs, and if he can stick around for another ~5 years, he'll push 450 HRs.

You already know my opiniong of Chipper, but at this point, he is nowhere near a hall of famer. If he can put up another 3-4 30hr seasons with a .300 average, he will be a sure hall of famer

At this point, sure, but four of his top 10 comps by age are HoFers, and the others are Sheff, Bagwell, Belle, Dale Murphy, and Dick Allen. So his numbers to this point certainly put him in position to make a strong run for it.

I guess time will have to tell with Chipper, although being one of the best offensive 3Bs of all time should be helpful.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby superfly » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:59 pm

Jonny Gomes
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Thursday » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:08 pm

superfly wrote:Jonny Gomes

I think i'm gonna barf. :-P

Clemens, Griffey, Bonds, Randy Johnson, are pretty much the only viable candidates i can see at this time. Guys like Chipper Jones, Trevor Hoffman, and Derek Lowe ( :-? ) aren't even close. This is the Hall of FAME, gentleman, not the hall of Very Good.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:16 pm

I wonder what's the chane of Larry Walker getting into the HoF
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby great gretzky » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:35 pm

Thursday wrote:
superfly wrote:Jonny Gomes

I think i'm gonna barf. :-P

Clemens, Griffey, Bonds, Randy Johnson, are pretty much the only viable candidates i can see at this time. Guys like Chipper Jones, Trevor Hoffman, and Derek Lowe ( :-? ) aren't even close. This is the Hall of FAME, gentleman, not the hall of Very Good.

Hall of "Fame" makes it easier. Anyu good player who ever gained notoriety should make it in if we are going to argue semantics.

griffey is in.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby LightsOut » Mon May 01, 2006 5:34 pm

Well really Larry Walker has a much better shot than Derek Lowe. I just mentioned Lowe cause I think he has the stuff but it he hasn't focused well or something. Writers will remember that he pitched the clincher in the the three series winners for the Red Sox. He's just gotta do more. That one killer year too. But enough about Lowe.

Yeah I forgot Larry and the batting titles and MVP. Lifetime BA .309 or so. Also Sheffield has to merit major consideration cause he's been so so consistant over time. Has a ring.

Like I said pitchers are harder to peg or you could say Kevin Brown would have a good shot. He was tops for a while. Although I didn't mention Randy Johnson who has all the amazing runs but not the win total, should get in. Hell, hittin that bird in Seattle probably helps too.

Jeter (I did mention him) is in cause of the clutch playoff hitting in the dynasty days.

HOF is either major numbers
500 HR
300 Wins
3000 Hits
should be 400 saves.

or clutch play and something else

Kirby Puckett with tragedy.

I hate the Dodgers (natually from Cincinnati and those 70s square offs) but Kirk Gibson's HR off of Eck only puts an exclaimation point on how bad the guy wanted to win. He should be in. Although on stats you couldn't make the case. BUT it isn't stats alone, or else Dave Kingman's 442 HRs would get him in, considering when he played. (It's the .236 BA that sank him)

Belle again. Thanks he should be in. Focus is all he was guilty of. 'Get out the way Hannah!'

Just shootin from the hip
LightsOut
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers