Kinsler - Back Sooner Than Expected - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kinsler - Back Sooner Than Expected

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kinsler - Back Sooner Than Expected

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:34 pm

THE NEWS
Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler could hit off a tee today as his recovery from a dislocated thumb continues to progress, according to the Dallas Morning News. The team expects Kinsler to play in games by early next week.

Our View
All indications are that fantasy owners could have the promising young bat of Kinsler back in their lineup next week.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chinst » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Rotoworld:
Ian Kinsler (thumb) hit off a tee Tuesday and could be a week away from playing in games.

Kinsler will likely head out on a minor league rehab stint before rejoining the Rangers in 2-3 weeks.

CBS:
Ian Kinsler is taking ground balls and is expected to begin hitting off a tee. Kinsler, out with a dislocated left thumb, went on the 15-day DL on April 12 and could begin a minor league rehab assignment soon.

Manager Buck Showalter said he's still a couple of weeks from returning. He's worth holding onto in all AL leagues.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikhayl » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:57 pm

From Texas Rangers.com

No interest in Womack: Tony Womack, a veteran leadoff man who has played second base and the outfield, was designated for assignment Monday by the Cincinnati Reds. But even though rookie second baseman Ian Kinsler (dislocated thumb) still appears to be one to two weeks from returning, Texas manager Buck Showalter said the team has no interest.

In my head at least, I still have a 2-week timeline. I don't want to get my hopes up early. But the sooner the better because once Griffey is back, my only backup, Freel, goes back to platoon duty.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikhayl » Tue May 09, 2006 11:14 am

Briefly: 2B Ian Kinsler was 2-for-3 in four plate appearances as a DH in an extended spring game Monday. He's expected to play nine innings at second base today. He could go out on a rehab assignment as early as Wednesday (probably to Oklahoma).

linky

Looks like he could be back by the end of the week ;-D
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ingov » Thu May 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Latest News May. 11, 2006 - 10:23 am et

Manager Buck Showalter said Wednesday that Ian Kinsler (thumb) could be ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment within a few days.
However, indications are that Kinsler will have to split time with Mark DeRosa once he returns from the disabled list, which will hurt his fantasy value. DeRosa is hitting .381.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

I wonder how serious Buck is about platooning him with DeRosa. Hopefully just until he gets settled in...
ingov
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mikhayl » Thu May 11, 2006 7:07 pm

ingov wrote:
Latest News May. 11, 2006 - 10:23 am et

Manager Buck Showalter said Wednesday that Ian Kinsler (thumb) could be ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment within a few days.
However, indications are that Kinsler will have to split time with Mark DeRosa once he returns from the disabled list, which will hurt his fantasy value. DeRosa is hitting .381.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

I wonder how serious Buck is about platooning him with DeRosa. Hopefully just until he gets settled in...

I know Buck isn't the smartest manager in baseball, but I have to believe that's just all talk. Possibly to keep DeRosa motivated.

It just makes no sense. Kinsler earned the position on the field in ST. He earned the leadoff spot during the regular season and the only reason he's out is because he was hustling and trying to steal a base.

Kinsler owns 2nd base for the next 15 years in Arlington and Buck should know that.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikhayl » Tue May 16, 2006 3:38 pm

May 15 T.R. Sullivan, of Texas.Rangers.MLB.com, reports Texas Rangers 2B Ian Kinsler (thumb) went 1-for-3 in a rehab game with Triple-A Oklahoma Saturday, May 13, however he left the game early after running into a fence, although he sustained no significant injuries. Kinsler is expected to rejoin the Rangers sometime during their current road trip, which ends Monday, May 22.

link

So here's a question. What occasion does a second baseman ever have to run into a fence to make a play???
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue May 16, 2006 3:55 pm

mikhayl wrote:
May 15 T.R. Sullivan, of Texas.Rangers.MLB.com, reports Texas Rangers 2B Ian Kinsler (thumb) went 1-for-3 in a rehab game with Triple-A Oklahoma Saturday, May 13, however he left the game early after running into a fence, although he sustained no significant injuries. Kinsler is expected to rejoin the Rangers sometime during their current road trip, which ends Monday, May 22.

link

So here's a question. What occasion does a second baseman ever have to run into a fence to make a play???

ROFL...I was thinking the same thing! What in the world was he doing running into a wall? :-?
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby benjapage » Tue May 16, 2006 4:02 pm

chasing a foul ball, perhaps? plenty of fences along the lines, i would think.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tropico1804 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:03 pm

ahhh chasing after a foul ball near the dugout probably... not too uncommon
Tropico1804
College Coach
College Coach