What are you afraid of? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What are you afraid of?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RyanK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:43 pm

Madison wrote:My answer is simply all the dumb kids in the world. Each generation it seems this country gets dumber and dumber (and I mean that from an IQ standpoint). Just look around at how many kids cannot spell, use proper grammar, have no respect for anything or anyone, no morals, etc. Scares the crap out of me to realize that these idiots will be adults very soon, and actually responsible for anything. :-o We are doomed. :-o

I dont no waht your talkng about mad... you freaking loser.. all you do is post in a message bard play pokher and bowl.. loser.. get a life

I dont know what your talking about kids in my generation not being respectful or being literate.. ;-7

But this may sound bad but i fear getting a girl pregnant.. stuff happens.. and i dont want a kid while im in college.. I also fear death.. 3 kids in my grade have died in the past year.. its been interesting, i really am afraid if dying young now
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:52 pm

I'm afraid of missing something.

This is similar to fear of death, but it's not fear of the event itself. I am at peace with that part b/c I accept the force of inevitability. I've cheated death 3 times and consider myself due to a certain degree. When it comes, it comes, but I fear that I will miss out on so much when it does happen unless I'm past 90, in which case I've seen it all.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:57 pm

That gray/silver color that appears on the TV for a few seconds when you turn it off in a completely dark room.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:58 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:That gray/silver color that appears on the TV for a few seconds when you turn it off in a completely dark room.

Because you think you see your avatar every time?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:03 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
HiddenIdentity wrote:That gray/silver color that appears on the TV for a few seconds when you turn it off in a completely dark room.

If I saw my avatar every time, that'd be pretty cool. But, yeah, I don't really have an explanation behind it, but the whole look of the TV just seem eerie
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:19 am

HiddenIdentity wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

If I saw my avatar every time, that'd be pretty cool. But, yeah, I don't really have an explanation behind it, but the whole look of the TV just seem eerie

Maybe you saw that movie with the fuzzy TV and the well one too many times. What's the name of that movie?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:32 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
HiddenIdentity wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Maybe you saw that movie with the fuzzy TV and the well one too many times. What's the name of that movie?

The Ring, and ya the fuzziness on the TV is creepy and isn't it called white noise?
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:01 am

dannyolbb wrote:Alzheimers. I can't stand the thought of slowly losing my mind without realizing anything is wrong. Having everyone pity me seems awful. It sounds terrible.

I'm hoping someone kills me before I get to that point. ;-D

RyanK wrote:I dont no waht your talkng about mad... you freaking loser.. all you do is post in a message bard play pokher and bowl.. loser.. get a life

I dont know what your talking about kids in my generation not being respectful or being literate.. ;-7

Nice one! :-D

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Maybe you saw that movie with the fuzzy TV and the well one too many times. What's the name of that movie?

Showing my age again here, but my first thought was Poltergeist, not The Ring. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:32 am

Madison wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:Alzheimers. I can't stand the thought of slowly losing my mind without realizing anything is wrong. Having everyone pity me seems awful. It sounds terrible.

I'm hoping someone kills me before I get to that point. ;-D

RyanK wrote:I dont no waht your talkng about mad... you freaking loser.. all you do is post in a message bard play pokher and bowl.. loser.. get a life

Nice one! :-D

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Maybe you saw that movie with the fuzzy TV and the well one too many times. What's the name of that movie?

Showing my age again here, but my first thought was Poltergeist, not The Ring. :-o

i thought that too, and i'm only 26...which i'm starting to consider old

as for what i fear...hmmm...George Bush somehow convicning congress to give him another term for the good of America :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:35 am

RugbyD wrote:I'm afraid of missing something.

This is similar to fear of death, but it's not fear of the event itself. I am at peace with that part b/c I accept the force of inevitability. I've cheated death 3 times and consider myself due to a certain degree. When it comes, it comes, but I fear that I will miss out on so much when it does happen unless I'm past 90, in which case I've seen it all.

I have a similar fear - not that I've cheated death (although I've walked away relatively unscathed from a couple of horrific auto accidents), but that I will die BEFORE some things that I am really interested in seeing happen.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk