P-Sean Marshall??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

P-Sean Marshall???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Tue May 02, 2006 11:18 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:He's got a nice curveball and decent control. Somewhere there's a thread that also points out the Cubs schedule in the immediate future includes a lot of teams that you might have a reasonable expectation won't be hitting all that much. Not that I'm trying to curse the Cubs or anything, he IS a rookie and could VERY WELL get POUNDED although he survived his second outing vs. the Pirates and, at times, looked as if he'd figured THEM out more than they figured him out.

i think he is a good short term add. not sure if he can keep it up but i've seen him throw once and he looked pretty solid. i picked him up when patterson went on the DL. he as a relatively easy schedule coming up. he could get pounded, but then again some of top of the rotation guys (zambrano) are getting pounded too.

FYI the cubs did say they intended to limit his innings in the early going so he may get pulled a little earlier than the usual cubs starter.
He went into the 8th last night and the only run he gave up shouldn't have happened. (see previous post) Limit his innings? Dusty Baker limiting a pitchers innnings? Right. ;-7
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby apz » Tue May 02, 2006 11:29 am

Since he doesn't walk many and doesn't K many, maybe pitch count won't be an issue for him.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue May 02, 2006 11:32 am

He also doesn't throw all that hard, much more of a stuff/ breaking ball pitcher I think.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby bluejkrew » Tue May 02, 2006 12:15 pm

I'm already sold on him. His minor league stats plus his good start in the majors are very convincing. My only concern is whether he'll stay in the rotation when prior and wood come back.
bluejkrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rich101682 » Tue May 02, 2006 12:46 pm

Whoever gets back first (Prior or Wood), Marshall will most likely stay in the rotation with Rusch going back to the pen. I mean, if Bronson Arroyo has your number, maybe it's time to go back to long relief.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby GSes » Tue May 02, 2006 1:09 pm

have any of u guys watched him? I have, granted he has only faces weak teams, his stuff is good, really good. He reminds me Mark Mulder and I have a lot of experience with Mark Mulder. Marshall IMO, is a ROY canidate, and he looks really good, he was good in minors, and he faces more crap teams for next month. I think he can be good this season, all season.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

GSes wrote:have any of u guys watched him? I have, granted he has only faces weak teams, his stuff is good, really good. He reminds me Mark Mulder and I have a lot of experience with Mark Mulder. Marshall IMO, is a ROY canidate, and he looks really good, he was good in minors, and he faces more crap teams for next month. I think he can be good this season, all season.

I'm not sure I'd go that high, if only b/c I am leery of getting too attached to anyone on the Cubs as their arm will fall off shortly after I do that. He does look very good. I was really liking the way he was working around the hitters last night, pitches flying all over the place, belt high over the outside corner breaking away from rightys who'd fall for it and pull the trigger. His curve is neat to watch.

He also looks very poised. The tater vs. the Cards didn't flap him at all.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby GSes » Tue May 02, 2006 3:14 pm

well in order to win in fantasy baseball your gonna have to see a guy and say u kno wut he might be something, and add him and gamble on him.

i think its entirely possible marshall could finish as the top rookie SP
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers