John Patterson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

John Patterson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

John Patterson

Postby jh2031 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:18 am

April 25: John Patterson will miss his next scheduled start because of a strained flexor muscle in his right forearm.
He's only expected to miss the one start, but since the problem has been bothering him for several weeks, maybe the Nationals should give him more than just a few days off. Unannounced was who would pitch in Patterson's place on Thursday. Triple-A New Orleans' Steve Watkins may be the choice. :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

WAY TOO MANY INJURIES FOR MY TEAM THIS YEAR!!!!
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby checkers » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:32 am

the Associated Press' Howard Fendrich reports Washington Nationals SP John Patterson (forearm) will be skipped for a turn due to a strained flexor muscle in his right forearm. He was originally due to pitch Wednesday, April 25, but the team then planned on pushing him back one day before making the decision to skip him entirely.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:36 am

I guess since he's pushed back this week...will he start Mon. or Tues. of next week and get two starts if the injury isn't serious?
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:15 pm

Geesh, how can someone pitch as well as he has in the last few games he's pitched not be all healed from that injury. Is it the same one? I am actually hoping they put him on the 15 day DL to make sure he is okay. They are playing with fire right now.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jh2031 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 pm

quitesanemax wrote:Geesh, how can someone pitch as well as he has in the last few games he's pitched not be all healed from that injury. Is it the same one? I am actually hoping they put him on the 15 day DL to make sure he is okay. They are playing with fire right now.

He said the main reason for the injury is due to the cold. When he pitches in warm weather it doesn't bother him. So, hopefully it's around 80 for all of his starts. :-b ;-)
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ivanhack » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:01 pm

This is from KFFL

Apr 27 The Washington Post reports Washington Nationals SP John Patterson (forearm) may miss his Sunday, April 30, start due to a strained right forearm. It would be the second straight start he has missed due to injury. "They shut me down for three or four days," Patterson said. "If you do the math, that's Wednesday, Thursday, Friday -- at the earliest, I'm picking a ball up on Saturday, and that's just to play catch."

ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby footballsimp » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:21 pm

yea i was just about to post that. doesnt look good for us patterson owners
footballsimp
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stikmata » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:04 pm

i think i'd actually prefer that they push it back till monday or tuesday.... the @ Shea then at home vs Pitt is alot better then @ STL... from a H2H points leage w/ weekly lineups perspective... though the weather might be warmer in Misouri
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:35 pm

If it is really the cold weather that is affecting him, he should be lights out during the summer. Then we can trade him high sometime in late August.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Crawford13MVP » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:00 pm

This is shaky only because of his high workload last year. He's my No. 1 starter, so I'm scared.
Crawford13MVP
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates