How good is Atkins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How good is Atkins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Steve-o » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:30 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:all i can say is this kids a great talent and will be a top 5 fantasy 3rd baseman going into next season.. he can very well be a 3b who gets 20-25 hr 100+rbi 100+runs and a 325+BA the rest of his career.. hes hitting behind helton and infront of holliday, which is very nice.. i have no doubts in his abilities everyone who thinks this kid is only good because he hits in coors are just ignorant.. i do agree his numbers are going to be boosted higher, but why do we care about that? its what hes doing now, and as long as hes in coors (which should be for a very long time) hes going to put up very nice numbers.. theres no way they move atkins or deal him if hes putting up these kind of numbers and always getting on base.. keep dreaming.. this kids legit..
Couldnt agree more he has a sweet swing

Sweet like Tru?
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:32 pm

Steve-o wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:all i can say is this kids a great talent and will be a top 5 fantasy 3rd baseman going into next season.. he can very well be a 3b who gets 20-25 hr 100+rbi 100+runs and a 325+BA the rest of his career.. hes hitting behind helton and infront of holliday, which is very nice.. i have no doubts in his abilities everyone who thinks this kid is only good because he hits in coors are just ignorant.. i do agree his numbers are going to be boosted higher, but why do we care about that? its what hes doing now, and as long as hes in coors (which should be for a very long time) hes going to put up very nice numbers.. theres no way they move atkins or deal him if hes putting up these kind of numbers and always getting on base.. keep dreaming.. this kids legit..

Sweet like Tru?[/quote douche bag?
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:45 pm

Personally,I think Atkins is dangerous.I think you need a fair amount of carbohydrates in your diet.If you wanna ease up on some carbs just cut back a little bit but,you don't have to be so extreme. :-D
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve-o » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:47 am

TurdFerguson wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Sweet like Tru?
douche bag?

The question was how good is Atkins, especially as it reflects to keepers. My two main points have been; (1) he has a top prospect pushing him which may result and him being traded, and (2) his season so far appears to have a significant amount of luck behind it.

So far, you've come up with (1) BABIP is a retarted stat, (2) sweet swing, and (3) I'm a douche bag.

Clearly, I must forfeit to the better argument.

In case anyone is interested in actual numbers, here are his career splits, with a .854 home OPS vs. a .690 road OPS. And just for some additional info, the PCL is a notorious hitter's league as far as park effects go. So pretty much every level of the Rockie system has stats that you should take with a grain of salt. But if you want to look at his minor league numbers, which I admit are pretty good, here you go.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers