How good is Atkins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How good is Atkins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby activechamp2006 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:53 am

all i can say is this kids a great talent and will be a top 5 fantasy 3rd baseman going into next season.. he can very well be a 3b who gets 20-25 hr 100+rbi 100+runs and a 325+BA the rest of his career.. hes hitting behind helton and infront of holliday, which is very nice.. i have no doubts in his abilities everyone who thinks this kid is only good because he hits in coors are just ignorant.. i do agree his numbers are going to be boosted higher, but why do we care about that? its what hes doing now, and as long as hes in coors (which should be for a very long time) hes going to put up very nice numbers.. theres no way they move atkins or deal him if hes putting up these kind of numbers and always getting on base.. keep dreaming.. this kids legit..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:14 pm

He's valuable because he plays in Coors, thats about all I can say about him. He's been underwhelming away from Coors but when you get used to hitting in that park its harder to hit elsewhere so its a hard metric to use to judge a player.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:00 pm

Ender wrote:He's valuable because he plays in Coors, thats about all I can say about him. He's been underwhelming away from Coors but when you get used to hitting in that park its harder to hit elsewhere so its a hard metric to use to judge a player.
Its a small sample but him and Hawpe have been tearing the over off the ball on the road.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:01 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:all i can say is this kids a great talent and will be a top 5 fantasy 3rd baseman going into next season.. he can very well be a 3b who gets 20-25 hr 100+rbi 100+runs and a 325+BA the rest of his career.. hes hitting behind helton and infront of holliday, which is very nice.. i have no doubts in his abilities everyone who thinks this kid is only good because he hits in coors are just ignorant.. i do agree his numbers are going to be boosted higher, but why do we care about that? its what hes doing now, and as long as hes in coors (which should be for a very long time) hes going to put up very nice numbers.. theres no way they move atkins or deal him if hes putting up these kind of numbers and always getting on base.. keep dreaming.. this kids legit..
Couldnt agree more he has a sweet swing
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:09 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
Steve-o wrote:Thisis interesting.

BABIP is close to .400.
ISO is league average.

Seems like it might be luck so far this season...
This is a retarted stat the guy has been hitting the ball hard guess you havent been watching the games.Stuff like this makes me laugh its not going to determine if the guy is good or not

Hardly a RETARDED stat ( you really picked the wrong word to misspell) as it's often a telling indicator of a player that may be ripe to either get hot or slump.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:11 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:

BABIP is close to .400.
ISO is league average.

This is a retarted stat the guy has been hitting the ball hard guess you havent been watching the games.Stuff like this makes me laugh its not going to determine if the guy is good or not

Something tells me you're not even sure what these stats are. :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:00 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

BABIP is close to .400.
ISO is league average.

It has nothing to do with his makeup or talent.What players are not going to slump in a season that consist of 162 games?
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:01 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

BABIP is close to .400.
ISO is league average.

It has nothing to do with his makeup or talent.What players are not going to slump in a season that consist of 162 games?

So are you saying you'd rather judge a player on what you see with your eyes than with statistical analysis? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:08 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

BABIP is close to .400.
ISO is league average.

So are you saying you'd rather judge a player on what you see with your eyes than with statistical analysis? :-?
Go back and look at his minor league numbers and in college.I look at players track records.These statistical analysis have never helped me before and I have won fantasy leagues before.Basically these are trends
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:01 pm

Atkins originally posistion was 1B yes, but Helton will not be traded, and I don't know why you think he'll retire anytime soon. :-?

Atkins can't play 2B, he doesn't have the mobility and it would not be a good transistion.

He will either continue playing 3B for the Rockies (Stewart moves to OF) or play 3B for another ML team. With the way Atkins is playing now, I don't know how you can trade him, but then again, our GM isn't the smartest either.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers