Has M Cabrera been working on his basestealing? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has M Cabrera been working on his basestealing?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has M Cabrera been working on his basestealing?

Postby Webster11 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:17 pm

He just stole his third base. Does anyone know if he was working on his basestealing during the offseason knowing that hed be walked more this season?
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moose32 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:22 pm

I think Giradi just doesn't give a .... The lineup isn't great so when anyone gets on you got to try to score runs.
moose32
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Good for him. ;-D

Cause I thought that he looked big and slow while running the bases in the WBC/ST. And no he was not in HR trots. :-o
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:34 pm

i think he's been working on eating twinkies. he looks REAL beefy.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:35 pm

he is still big and slow, miggy weighed 210 his rookie season, he is now tipping the scales at 250 8-o

i think his steals are simply the marlins have to get him in scoring positon since he is the only guy ever on base.

Anyways i wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in miggy stealing 20 bases+, he is making the transiton into a manny ramirez, skinny early in his career, bulky later.

but i got miggy and i will welcome any steals he can get, mabe he gets 10-15 this year who knows!
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:43 pm

GSes wrote:he is still big and slow, miggy weighed 210 his rookie season, he is now tipping the scales at 250 8-o

i think his steals are simply the marlins have to get him in scoring positon since he is the only guy ever on base.

Anyways i wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in miggy stealing 20 bases+, he is making the transiton into a manny ramirez, skinny early in his career, bulky later.

but i got miggy and i will welcome any steals he can get, mabe he gets 10-15 this year who knows!

If he gets 15 steals, then i think next year no doubt hes challenging Vlad/Tiex for the 3rd overall pick especially if he tries free agency or gets traded and goes to a better park/better team. Hell be Jason Bay but with more HR and a better avg, well i guess 5 steals less. So almost Vladdy, well see.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:47 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
GSes wrote:he is still big and slow, miggy weighed 210 his rookie season, he is now tipping the scales at 250 8-o

If he gets 15 steals, then i think next year no doubt hes challenging Vlad/Tiex for the 3rd overall pick especially if he tries free agency or gets traded and goes to a better park/better team. Hell be Jason Bay but with more HR and a better avg, well i guess 5 steals less. So almost Vladdy, well see.

i like the comparison to vladdy. Miggy a big boy now though pusing 250+, i don't think he can steal that much, i mean his steal 2nite, was more the catcher making a bad throw. Anyways he is definitely getting better and better every year, he is the next pujols, manny, etc what ever you want to call him

I would not mind seeing him get traded as a mcab owner, but hard for me to belive the marlins will let him go thats just throwing ur franchise in the fire.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jh2031 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:55 pm

No way Miggy weighs 250. The dude ain't built like Jerome Bettis...sheesh! :-° :-°
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:59 pm

jh2031 wrote:

No way Miggy weighs 250. The dude ain't built like Jerome Bettis...sheesh! :-° :-°

he's 250. i heard it during a broadcast the other day.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jh2031 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:03 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
jh2031 wrote:

he's 250. i heard it during a broadcast the other day.

I'm not saying it wasn't said...I'm saying from me watching Marlins games. He ain't 250. ;-)
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers