Help! My team bad or underpreforming? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help! My team bad or underpreforming?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help! My team bad or underpreforming?

Postby ILoveBush » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:38 pm

12 team Roto
R, HR, RBI, SB, BA, OPS, W, S, K, ERA, WHIP

C-McCann
1B- Hillenbrand
2B- Cantu
3B-Lowell
SS-Young
IF-E. Encarnacion
OF-Sizemore
OF-Bay
OF-Pierre
Util-Granderson
Util-Hawpe
Bench-Morneau, B. Hall
DL-A. Huff

SP-A. Heilman
SP-Liriano
RP-Lidge
RP-Turnbow
P-Shields
P-Rodney
P-Bonderman
P-Coffey
Bench-Zito, C. Young, D. Bush, D. Cabrera
DL-Gagne

My team is struggling to hit and I think i need to trade for another power bat. Also, I might need another solid SP. Any thoughts on who to trade/drop? Thanks
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Weasel_King » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:43 pm

Let's go through all your positions.

At Catcher, you have a home-run hitter, but awful in everything else. Might want to consider dropping him for someone else. At 1B, you can probably live until Hillenbrand starts to produce again. Your solid at 2B, with a stud, Cantu. You also might want to drop Lowell, who has a lot of competition and is doing that good. Your Best player, Michael Young, will help you out A LOT. You might also want to drop Encarnacion, as he is stuggling mightily. For your OF's, you are excellent there. And, you should probably start Morneau in favor of Encarnacion. Your Utility spots with Graderson and Hawpe are OK.

Now for pitching. Heilman is a decent RP, but doesn't earn you any saves, and might be considered a trade option. Liriano is worth holding on too, and Lidge and Turnbow are spectacular. Rodney will set-up now, and is not a closer option anmyore since Todd Jones is back. Same with Sheilds and Coffey, because of K-Rod and David Weathers. Bonderman is a good young pitcher who should improve. Also, you might want to put Zito into your rotation.

You have 3 good OF, including one of the best, Jason Bay. You might want to trade him for 2 elite pitchers to bolster you weak rotation, which doesn't really have an ace.
Last edited by Weasel_King on Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mw26 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:34 pm

i agree, trading bay for some quantity sounds like a good idea. hatteberg is a pretty weak 1b at a position that usually is associated with power though, i would look to upgrade that

please help
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=196351
mw26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ILoveBush » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:26 pm

I agree that I am weak at C, but I think McCann can have a pretty solid year. Would you drop him for Pierzynski, Lo Duca, or B. Molina?

And I have reservations about trading Bay. Right now my team is last in R and HR, but im doing well in K, ERA, and WHIP. Will my team be good enough offensively to trade Bay?
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Weasel_King » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:42 pm

I would drop him for Lo Duca, a top 7 catcher who has been hot lately. 5 multi-hit games in the past 10, and his HR total is bound to increase while adding a few SB's here and there with a solid number of runs.

Your offensive studs lately just haven't been producing in HR's (Young, Cantu, Lowel all have 1 each) but that should increase soon and you should do well there. I'm suprised that you are doing so well in those categories, but I'm guessing your struggling in SV and W. Also, are there any decent OF's out there to replace a possible Bay trade? If so you might want to trade him while he's hot (3 HR in past 5 games) for an ace or 2 superb ones, or you could keep him until he cools off.
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 'Roid Rage » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:06 am

You might try to buy low and trade for R.Sexson or J.Kent to play first.
'Roid Rage
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team