is my pitching really that bad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

is my pitching really that bad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is my pitching really that bad?

Postby rib217 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:40 pm

part of me thinks i could pull if off with these guys. My batting hasnt totally taken off yet but im sure it will, however everyone rips on my pitching like its horrible, im thinking its not that bad...do i need to start looking around for some deals?

11 team league: scored on R HR RBI SB AVG OBP; W L SV K ERA WHIP

C- Mauer
1B- Pujols
2B- M. Giles
SS- R. Furcal
3B- M. Mora
OF- Sheffield
OF- Suzuki
OF- Tracy
Utility- Berkman
Utility- Peralta
Bench- Polanco

SP- Myers
SP- Glavine
SP- Millwood
SP- Kazmir
SP- Radke
SP- Burnett (DL)
SP- Clemens (???)
SP- Maroth (just picked him up)
RP- Valverde
RP- Reitsma
RP- Papelbon
P- Linebrink
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rib217 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:46 pm

any opinions?.....i think my batting is powerhouse......should i try to lose some batting?
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rib217 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:10 pm

192 views and not one opinion on my pitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

Postby schmidty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:57 pm

Well, we're more than 3 weeks into the season. How has your pitching been doing so far for you? You do see why people here have been ripping your pitching though, right? Myers is solid, but will have his rough spots. Glavine has had a good start, but is the last start the beginning of his coming to earth? Millwood -- very inconsistent and in a hitters park. Kazmir -- great young prospect, but not many wins in his future (plus youngsters can be maddeningly inconsistent). Radke -- consistently mediocre. Burnett -- hurt. Clemens -- who knows? Maroth -- FA-level who you're hoping keeps riding his hot streak. For the relievers, only Papelbon looks really good. Valverde and Reitsma are question marks, though Valverde has pitched well (unfortunately his team isn't so good). Linebrink is a top middle reliever, but his value is lessened in a league not counting holds.

Again, is it working for you? If so, and you like your team, keep doing it. There's no reason you have to listen what people here say. I noticed there is a bias in these "team analysis" threads towards teams with stud starters. I submitted 2 teams for review -- one loaded with hitting, the other with pitching. The pitching team got by far the better response, but the team with the hitters is the one dominating my league.

Is this a roto or H2H league league? Radke's the one guy I really don't like (and he's been horrible so far). Aren't there any decent FAs?
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team