Milledge or Diaz? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milledge or Diaz?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:15 pm

I doubt they will call Milledge up until mid-July so they don't lose a year of arbitration on him.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:19 pm

Poker, if by chance they do call Milledge up and he hit very well...any chance he gets the RF job over Nady after Beltran returns? I think that is best case IMO.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby thehotcorner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Poker, if by chance they do call Milledge up and he hit very well...any chance he gets the RF job over Nady after Beltran returns? I think that is best case IMO.

he would have to hit very, very well to move nady considering how well nady has been doing lately.

if he does get called up i think he almost definitely goes back down to the minors.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:19 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Poker, if by chance they do call Milledge up and he hit very well...any chance he gets the RF job over Nady after Beltran returns? I think that is best case IMO.

I honestly can't see it happening. I don't see him being called up till after the ASB in the first place, but seeing as how well Nady has done, if he keeps it up, there is no way he isn't going to see the playing time.

If Beltran hits the DL, I'm pretty sure you're going to see Diaz being recalled.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:21 pm

Diaz got hurt, so it'll probably be Chavez. :-t
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:59 pm

Diaz is fine. He is playing tonight for the Norfolk Tides.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nails86 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:15 pm

The only way Milledge stays up if he is called up is if Nady/Floyd are dealt for a pitcher.... even then they may stay with Diaz... We'll see... I heard a rumor, but not sure how credible it was, it involved the Mets and Cubbies and a deal involving Maddux but that doesn't seem likely because Wood and Prior are still down.

What I would like to see them do is trade Nady/Floyd for a quality reliever and bring up Milledge to play a corner outfield spot... if he fails they can always send him down and use Diaz/Woodward.
Nails86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers