C.Floyd's Projections....? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

C.Floyd's Projections....?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

C.Floyd's Projections....?

Postby dj_haze » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Does anyone have a guess of how good Floyd would be this year...will his numbers be better than last years..
dj_haze
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 246
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:03 pm

It's not looking like it so far... he started hot last season, hitting almost .400 and clubbing tons of home runs. Not so much this season. I'm a little concerned his kidneys or another physical ailment are weighing him down.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:04 pm

It all depends on how healthy he is. I would say the chances of repeating last year's numbers are not good.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 305)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby dj_haze » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:09 pm

Do you guys know some good set-up mans that wil maintain that spot all -year because i need Holds ;-D
dj_haze
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 246
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:25 pm

dj_haze wrote:Do you guys know some good set-up mans that wil maintain that spot all -year because i need Holds ;-D


I can confirm that Cliff Floyd won't help you much in that department...
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby dj_haze » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:30 pm

BritSox wrote:
dj_haze wrote:Do you guys know some good set-up mans that wil maintain that spot all -year because i need Holds ;-D


I can confirm that Cliff Floyd won't help you much in that department...



how do you think Floyd would do?
dj_haze
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 246
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: C.Floyd's Projections....?

Postby thehotcorner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:56 pm

dj_haze wrote:Does anyone have a guess of how good Floyd would be this year...will his numbers be better than last years..


better than last years, close but probably not. if he stays healthy all season something along the lines of of last year with less power and more RBI.

While expecting him to hit 34 HRs is a stretch, he will be hitting behind Beltran, Delgado, and Wright all year who will put up OBP of around 360, 400, 400. So if he gets it together driving in over 100 runs should be a given even with a decline in power.

my predictions... this is of course assuming he plays in 150+ games. which i think he has about a 60% chance of doing.

.275 80Runs 28HR 105RBI
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 5 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: C.Floyd's Projections....?

Postby j24jags » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:29 pm

thehotcorner wrote:
dj_haze wrote:Does anyone have a guess of how good Floyd would be this year...will his numbers be better than last years..


better than last years, close but probably not. if he stays healthy all season something along the lines of of last year with less power and more RBI.

While expecting him to hit 34 HRs is a stretch, he will be hitting behind Beltran, Delgado, and Wright all year who will put up OBP of around 360, 400, 400. So if he gets it together driving in over 100 runs should be a given even with a decline in power.

my predictions... this is of course assuming he plays in 150+ games. which i think he has about a 60% chance of doing.

.275 80Runs 28HR 105RBI

those #s look very possible ;-D
he hasnt looked terrible at the plate, there have been plenty of hard-hit outs that he has had
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:28 pm

In 2004 he hit .260 with 18 HR and 63 RBI in almost 400 AB. Even if you project that to a full season, it clearly doesn't approach the 34 HR he had last year. So even if Floyd manages to stay healthy, I think (not based on his slow start but just based on his last few years' stats) that I'd project something like .270 with 23 HR, about 95 RBI, 10 or so SB and maybe 80-85 R.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1004
Joined: 25 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact