Gagne update! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gagne update!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gagne update!

Postby mcd285 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:45 am

Apr 24 Ken Gurnick, of Dodgers.MLB.com, reports Los Angeles Dodgers CL Eric Gagne (elbow) will resume tossing on Friday, April 28. Gagne is expected to return to game action around the end of May.
mcd285
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WessWackos » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:48 am

When do you guys think he'll be ready to go? Assume we live in a perfect world and he has no setbacks in his recovery.

Let's get some speculation going......IF he is back late may...what happens with the Closer situation in Dodgerland?
WessWackos
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcd285 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:54 am

i think the dodgers take a very cautious approach and bring him along slowly. Baez is proven and is throwing great. No need to rush a bad situation if you dont have to. Maybe full time closer around or after the break (hopefullly that is worst case scenario.)
mcd285
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mutant_inFectd_Smurf » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:11 pm

The Dodgers must have known Gagne wouldn't be ready for the start of the 2006 season thats why they picked up Baez to begin with. Absolutely right, theres no sense rushing him back when L.A. has a capable closer like Baez in the mix. :-°
Mutant_inFectd_Smurf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby benjapage » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:24 am

so, the throwing program is supposed to begin today.

get better, gagne!

with baez, i agree that there's no sense in rushing gagne, but it's encouraging that there haven't been any setbacks. the ASB still looks like a reasonable timetable.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:19 am

i have the feeling baez is going to keep the job longer than many expect, possibly the remainder of the season, anyone with me?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dewey finn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:25 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i have the feeling baez is going to keep the job longer than many expect, possibly the remainder of the season, anyone with me?

;-D ;-D
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby 5 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:41 pm

dewey finn wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i have the feeling baez is going to keep the job longer than many expect, possibly the remainder of the season, anyone with me?

;-D ;-D

hope so...the Gagne owner in my main league keeps saying he doesn't need Baez b/c Gagne's coming back. I'm not so sure.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WessWackos » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:01 pm

Gagne is on the WW in my 10 team league

I have D Lee and Colon on the DL and we only get 2 DL spots so I can't pick him up.

10 Team H2H Cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, W, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP

BATTERS: J. Willingham Fla-C, , C Utley (Phi-1B,2B), R Weeks (Mil-2B), A. Ramirez (ChC-3B), F. Lopez (Cin - 2B,SS), M Cabrera (Fla-3B,OF), J Damon (NYY-OF), J Edmonds (Stl-OF), DL D Lee (ChC-1B), B Bonds (SF-OF)

PITCHERS: SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P R Harden (Oak-SP), R Halladay (Tor-SP), D Willis (Fla-SP), J Smoltz (Atl-SP), K Escobar (Ana-SP), F Cordero (Tex-RP) C Reitsma (Atl-RP), M. Gonzalez (Pit-RP) T Jones (Det-RP). R Clemens (NA-SP)
DL B Colon (ANA-SP)
WessWackos
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:26 pm

well you can, but it'll just be an empty spot...also i would look into picking up otsuka too now that f cordero lost the job.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates