Isn't Brandon Webb supposed to be a strikeout pitcher? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Isn't Brandon Webb supposed to be a strikeout pitcher?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby number9 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:57 am

Yeah, a happy Webb owner here too. He even slipped late enough in the draft (mostly a beginners league) that he's a real bargain for me. The only solid starter who produces every 5 days (though Peavy has come around and Sheets too, so it's looking good for me) ;-D

Talking about Ks, what happened to Penny? He's a K-machine now (and his peripherals are very good too). I picked him up, and I'm not sure about tomorrow @ Houston. Since Lowe shut them down yesterday, that means that either the Stros offense will remain shut down or erupt for huge runs upon Penny. I can't decide which, but so far almost every decision I made about sitting starters has gone wrong, so I may have to make a bizarro decision :-? :-° :-D
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Area51's » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:16 am

dyuen87 wrote:He's a groundball pitchers, thats why his value jumped a bit when the D'backs traded for Orlando Hudson.

Hudson saved at least 2 knocks in last night's game...one I'm not sure any other 2b's in the league get to, moving towards short.....and I was thinking...yep...thats why they traded for him.

Funny thing is I have Halladay AND Webb, two extreme GB guys who basically traded good for bad, having Glaus at third instead of Hudson at 2B.
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:24 am

Wow, I can't believe there are any complaints about Webb. He might be exchanging k's for a better whip and era, but isn't that a good thing? Regardless of the pace he's on, Webb will get his k's and may keep the other gains he's had. And over his career he's been a strikeout pitcher, so expect them to come.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby reenum » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:22 pm

Hudson's right behind him to scoop up anything that comes within 25 feet of 2nd base. I'm sure that's put Webb more at ease to challenge hitters now.
I never smile if I can help it.... Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:28 pm

reenum wrote:Hudson's right behind him to scoop up anything that comes within 25 feet of 2nd base. I'm sure that's put Webb more at ease to challenge hitters now.

You might be on to something there. I'd give it another 2-3 weeks and look at his k/9 and bb/9. If you're right then both the k/9 and the bb/9 should be down from last year.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers