Roger Clemens: No intention of returning before June - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Roger Clemens: No intention of returning before June

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:24 am

Rentz, I apologize if anything I wrote was taken as a personal attack. I didn't mean it as such.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:26 am

quitesanemax wrote:Rentz, I apologize if anything I wrote was taken as a personal attack. I didn't mean it as such.

no worries, you werent the one comparing me to anna nicole ;-7
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lachlanoddy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:29 am

But anna nicole is HOT......

*snicker*
This game means nothing.... unless I'm winning!
lachlanoddy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Joe Mauer » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 am

rentz wrote:it was a joke because both players are 2 of my favorite players, and both are being a little silly right now.
favre more so because he is hindering what his team does right now.

roger mostly because if he wants to retire, just retire...instead he is trying to drive up his price.

and making personal attacks on me is uncalled for.

besides comparing the 2 while an unfair comparison has nothing to do with fantasy sports knowledge.

Mine was too. It was not meant as a personal attack. It was a play on the statement. Your statement was kinda dumb, so I thought I'd have sarcastic fun with with. Maybe I should have put a ;-7 by it. But it was late and I was tired and forgot to.

And again....Farve is no longer hindering his team, unless you truely believe they would be looking to draft a QB in this year's draft to start over their first rounder Rogers last season.

Oh....and Anna is not really hot.....the slimmed down version is at least passable for semi-hot...but the fully loaded version is just to weighed down in more departments than just the one. Also, too many miles on the body and the tread on the tires has worn thin, if you get my drift. O:-)

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Mile High Ballers » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:04 pm

And Anna Nicole s recent publicity moves made her much wealthier than most geniuses... You guys are too funny. Now back to baseball, eh ;-D
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rentz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:05 pm

Joe Mauer wrote:
rentz wrote:it was a joke because both players are 2 of my favorite players, and both are being a little silly right now.
favre more so because he is hindering what his team does right now.

roger mostly because if he wants to retire, just retire...instead he is trying to drive up his price.

and making personal attacks on me is uncalled for.

besides comparing the 2 while an unfair comparison has nothing to do with fantasy sports knowledge.

Mine was too. It was not meant as a personal attack. It was a play on the statement. Your statement was kinda dumb, so I thought I'd have sarcastic fun with with. Maybe I should have put a ;-7 by it. But it was late and I was tired and forgot to.

And again....Farve is no longer hindering his team, unless you truely believe they would be looking to draft a QB in this year's draft to start over their first rounder Rogers last season.

Oh....and Anna is not really hot.....the slimmed down version is at least passable for semi-hot...but the fully loaded version is just to weighed down in more departments than just the one. Also, too many miles on the body and the tread on the tires has worn thin, if you get my drift. O:-)

its cool, i posted that before my first cup of coffee this morning.
we both should have put emoticons in our statements :-D
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chinst » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:22 pm

lachlanoddy wrote:But anna nicole is HOT......

*snicker*

So, through analogy, you're calling rentz hot? :-P

I really think this thread needs to be locked before it makes someone vomit...
Last edited by chinst on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rentz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:31 pm

chinst wrote:
lachlanoddy wrote:But anna nicole is HOT......

*snicker*

So, through analogy, you're calling rentz hot?

I really think this thread needs to be locked before it makes someone vomit...

so what, you're saying im not hot? :-b

but yes, this is getting way off topic now
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby trueaskew » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:11 am

Roger Clemens is out for himself at this point. What he really wants is another championship and he is waiting until June to sign with the best playoff contender. It is likely he will wind up in Boston considering the history he has with team. Of course a definite hall of fame inductee, it is almost certain he will spend his final two seasons with the team he will enter the hall of fame with.
trueaskew
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:57 am

trueaskew wrote:Roger Clemens is out for himself at this point. What he really wants is another championship and he is waiting until June to sign with the best playoff contender. It is likely he will wind up in Boston considering the history he has with team. Of course a definite hall of fame inductee, it is almost certain he will spend his final two seasons with the team he will enter the hall of fame with.

Of course he is out for himself. Who else would you expect him to be out for. And, of course he wants another championship... but lets not forget that he wants more money too. His history with boston might be reason why he might not end up there as well. lol. Its unclear to me whether he wants to stay near his home again, in which case he will end up on the Astros or the Rangers. The only other teams I see him going to are the Yankees and Boston, and I see neither team as a clear favorite. I suspect this is going to be his last year, so if he doesn't go with Houston, he will not ahve ended his final two seasons with one team. I'm hoping he goes to Boston, and ends his career where it started... and thus goes into the hall of fame in a Red Sox uniform. I really don't care if he does well for us, and half don't expect him to. I just want to see him retire as a Red Sox.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates