Griffey - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Griffey

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sj2k » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:28 pm

He missed time last year too, at the end of the season. As long as he stays healthy he should produce close to last years numbers. And remember, he did NOTHING during april last year, 1 hr, 9 RBI's, .244 avg. He's already done better this april even with the time missed.
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kugino » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:32 pm

sj2k wrote:He missed time last year too, at the end of the season. As long as he stays healthy he should produce close to last years numbers. And remember, he did NOTHING during april last year, 1 hr, 9 RBI's, .244 avg. He's already done better this april even with the time missed.

good point. what worries me is that this is another new injury...how many new injuries can a guy get?
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sj2k » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:49 pm

There is that, but I think he will be able to do it. He spent the offseason getting in shape instead of rehabbing, so he should be in the best shape he has been in for awhile, plus look at that cinci offense, griffey will dominate hitting in the middle of it. this injury was minor, the reds are playing it safe to be sure he stays healthy. plus I just have a good feeling :-b
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kugino » Wed May 03, 2006 2:14 am

for a "minor" injury griff's sure taking a while to get back...he's not going to colorado (would've been a great place to return, too!) and who knows if he plays in the following series...

i wish i could share your "good feeling"...but i need him back and healthy...real soon.
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Blakas » Wed May 03, 2006 11:34 pm

^^ Agreed. Seems a bit strange that he's just a bit stiff behind the knee -- doing all his exercises no problem -- and still not playing.

Between him and A.J. Burnett (also on my squad), these have to be two of the strangest injuries in a long time.
Blakas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am

Rotoworld wrote:Ken Griffey Jr. (knee) won't travel with the Reds for the series in Colorado beginning on Wednesday. He might rejoin the team for Friday's game.
This is getting ridiculous. Griffey didn't want to go on the disabled list in the first place, but now he's deciding he doesn't want to play until he's 100 percent, as though anything less than a time machine set to 1993 is going to make that happen. Griffey has been hitting, running the bases and taking flies in the outfield. Even though the Reds are playing well without him, he needs to get back into the lineup.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kugino » Thu May 04, 2006 4:56 am

couldn't agree more with RW...it's getting ridiculous...it's like griff can't play in any pain anymore 'cause he's so scared to get injured again. same with beltran, too...

i guess that's what happens with these guys who get injured all the time...they eventually don't want to play until they're 100%...even thought the injury is a minor one...i guess i knew the risks when i drafted griffey, and he isn't disappointing me there :-[
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates