Utley hitting Second? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Utley hitting Second?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:17 am

Insanity wrote:Because he hits well over .300 in the number 2 whole..

That's why.. Runs, steals, etc...

Like I said, it's the best spot for him in the line up ;-)

So far he has a whopping total of 0 SBs on the year...

(Utley owner over here)
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:14 pm

#2 is a great place.... they don't want to walk you so you'll see a lot pitches to hit, and Rollins on base is gonna distract the pitchers. Normally, it's an RBI killer, but Rollins has a great obp and hits ebuf doubles he'll do ok.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:05 pm

johnsamo wrote:#2 is a great place.... they don't want to walk you so you'll see a lot pitches to hit, and Rollins on base is gonna distract the pitchers. Normally, it's an RBI killer, but Rollins has a great obp and hits ebuf doubles he'll do ok.

I completely agree...I love the change to Utley out of the two hole in the lineup. Plenty of rbi opportunities with Rollins on base, great protection and opportunity to score runs with Abreu/Burrel/Howard following him and as an owner of both in my keeper league there's nothing better than seeing two of your guys as part of a double-steal (something I hope to see a lot this year) ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby pepperoncino » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:58 pm

i'm glad utley's in the two hole...seems like the natusral spot for him, and he's already been more productive.

(utley owner here)
pepperoncino
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hoya1982 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:11 am

I think I'd like cleanup behind OBP king Abreu, and in front of Howard best. Definitely like 2 spot instead of being stuck at the 5 spot behind strikeout king Burrell :-t . What he loses in RBIs he will make up for with Runs. Abreu, Burrell, and Howard will definitely drive him in a ton. Got his 1st SB tonight. :-b
hoya1982
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:24 am

I'm not sure how I feel about him being in the 2 hole...I was expecting 100+ RBIs from him this year. I have enough speed and run production in my lineup already...Why not bat Abreu second, Utley third, and Howard cleanup? That sounds like a good compromise to me. It actually seems like it would make the most sense for the Phillies, because Abreu is better at getting on base than Utley.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

More on Abreu

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:30 am

Adding to what I wrote in my last post:

Abreu has had 30+ steals in 4 of the last 5 seasons, 100+ walks 7 straight seasons and an OBP of .400 or better each of the last four seasons.

To me, he seems perfectly suited to the two spot.
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MOD_diesel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:44 am

bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about him being in the 2 hole...I was expecting 100+ RBIs from him this year. I have enough speed and run production in my lineup already...Why not bat Abreu second, Utley third, and Howard cleanup? That sounds like a good compromise to me. It actually seems like it would make the most sense for the Phillies, because Abreu is better at getting on base than Utley.

Like i said before you dont want three lefties hitting in a row. Why doesnt abreu hit second? Because he would have an absolute hissy fit.
MOD_diesel
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheOmen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:04 am

MOD_diesel wrote:
bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about him being in the 2 hole...I was expecting 100+ RBIs from him this year. I have enough speed and run production in my lineup already...Why not bat Abreu second, Utley third, and Howard cleanup? That sounds like a good compromise to me. It actually seems like it would make the most sense for the Phillies, because Abreu is better at getting on base than Utley.

Like i said before you dont want three lefties hitting in a row. Why doesnt abreu hit second? Because he would have an absolute hissy fit.

True. He's a big baby who refused to bat leadoff for a time.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby johnnie2130 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:20 am

Utley was 1-4 with an RBI and his first SB last night. ;-D
johnnie2130
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates