Dontrelle Willis traded? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dontrelle Willis traded?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dontrelle Willis traded?

Postby rib217 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:25 pm

i read in another thread that the Marlins are gonna trade him before the deadline...is this true? does anyone know more, and i would think this would up his value quite a bit....thoughts?
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snake99 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:13 pm

I heard on Dan Patrick today that he was offered to the Mets for Wright - Omar did not give it much consideration. So I would not be surprised if he gets traded
Snake99
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:41 pm

Willis for Wright? That would be one of the worst trades of the decade...I'm sure those talks didn't go anywhere.

Nothing against Willis, but it's a lot easier to find a good SP than a third baseman as talented as David Wright. He's a special player. And a great team guy. The kind of guy you build a franchise around...

If the Marlins do trade Willis, it would obviously be to a contender for more prospects, and thus his value would definitely go up because he will have the potential for many more wins than with the Marlins. Personally, I think they should build around him and Miguel Cabrera...I think that with all of the talented young prospects they picked up, this team could be seriously competing again in a year or two...It depends on how their pitchers turn out.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby subie101 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:15 am

Snake99 wrote:I heard on Dan Patrick today that he was offered to the Mets for Wright - Omar did not give it much consideration. So I would not be surprised if he gets traded

doesn't make much sense. already have a top 3 3b and the marlins #1 priority is cutting payroll. how much does wright make?
subie101
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrpd136 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:43 am

The Mets shot that trade offer down fast.
wrpd136
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beatlehead84 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 am

I'm sure they would make Cabrera an everyday OF to make room for Wright. However, the Mets would never be stupid enough (hopefully) to trade David Wright.
beatlehead84
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dc928 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:29 am

beatlehead84 wrote:I'm sure they would make Cabrera an everyday OF to make room for Wright. However, the Mets would never be stupid enough (hopefully) to trade David Wright.

I agree, I think if there is any deal out there Marlins want to make for Willis is for payroll reasons which means he might end out with a team like the Yankees who needs a SP and will be willing to take on his payroll
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chip1010 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:11 am

But the Marlins are looking to trade Cabrera, too, and he's a dick, so they want to get him out of there and rebuild without him.

To clarify, it's still a dumb trade, but Cabrera isn't going to be in Miami very long, so they'll need a third baseman.
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:37 am

subie101 wrote:
Snake99 wrote:I heard on Dan Patrick today that he was offered to the Mets for Wright - Omar did not give it much consideration. So I would not be surprised if he gets traded

doesn't make much sense. already have a top 3 3b and the marlins #1 priority is cutting payroll. how much does wright make?

i believe alot less than Willis
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:48 am

Chip1010 wrote:But the Marlins are looking to trade Cabrera, too, and he's a dick, so they want to get him out of there and rebuild without him.
Any facts to back up the character assult on Cabrera? The Marlins don't really have a reputation for having a good relationship with players.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates