What do you do when you're bored at work? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What do you do when you're bored at work?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:40 am

knapplc wrote:
Stanley Roberts wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:When I get bored at work, I either do 2 things. I will either go home for the rest of the day, or I will go sit in my office and watch TV. ;-D

What kind of job is that??

Yeah, no kidding! What do you get paid to go into your office and watch TV or just go home? :-?

Well the few times in the year that my job gets boring, that is what I do. But my job rarely gets boring. I manage a grocery store, so between dealing with lots of customers, teenage baggers, and some ole retirees working 15 hours a week, there is something always going on at some time or the other. As far as my pay, it does not change whether I work 25 hours a week or whether I work 85 hours a week. But I normally work around 55-60 hours a week, so I definitely don't feel like I sell the store short on my pay. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:41 pm

I've decided I need to but $50 worth of those keychains with games on them.

BTW, some people here have great working conditions. Whenever I walk into a store and I see the cashier surfing the web and playing solitare or something I think "Can you believe you're getting paid for this? Cause I can't."

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:56 pm

I agree with everyone who suggested either getting a new job, working harder, actually working or asking for more work to do. I've had employees who simply don't know how to work. Don't be one of those guys, because it doesn't matter what degree or how smart you are. If you don't know HOW TO WORK then you won't accomplish anything (unless that's ok with you). Get in the habit now while you're still young.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Zito is God » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:34 pm

I always ask for more work, but they never give it to me since my job is strictly 1 action and nothing else, and some days that action is simply not needed for hours upon hours, so I have to just stand there. I like the people there too much to quit, and the pay is better then average though.

I am a student and work at one of those "non-degree-jobs" so when I get my degree I'kll make sure not to major in something that sucks :). I have been planning on Law, but I heard 99% of the time that really sucks and is very boring (although the money is great), lawyers I know laugh and say that everyone who says they want to become a lawyer watches too much Law and Order and in actuality you'll just be signing a bunch of papers all day.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:06 pm

Zito is God wrote:I always ask for more work, but they never give it to me since my job is strictly 1 action and nothing else, and some days that action is simply not needed for hours upon hours, so I have to just stand there. I like the people there too much to quit, and the pay is better then average though.

I am a student and work at one of those "non-degree-jobs" so when I get my degree I'kll make sure not to major in something that sucks :). I have been planning on Law, but I heard 99% of the time that really sucks and is very boring (although the money is great), lawyers I know laugh and say that everyone who says they want to become a lawyer watches too much Law and Order and in actuality you'll just be signing a bunch of papers all day.

It really depends on what kind of law you go into. If you become a defense attorney you can get involved in some really intersting stuff, and if you are really good you can make a crap load of money.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk