Detailed Player Analysis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Detailed Player Analysis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Philliebuster » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:32 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:Great article LL...I'm on the Bush/Peavy bandwagon...and am anxious to see how the Peavster looks this evening against SF.

My theory with Peavy for his last outing vs. Atl. was that he actually pitched well giving up only 7 earned runs. As Atl. was scoring 10+ per game around that stretch and on a tear. And i'm sticking with that story. ;-D

It's certainly possible to pitch well and give up 7 er's. Vazquez pitched a gem the other day and gave up 5 er's (I give a run-down of what happened in my article). 4 straight singles, a force at home and then a grand slam and BOOM...game over.

Well, if you want to really get into how Peavy actually pitched vs. Atl., the first inning was no hit stuff, and then it slowly went downhill from there. He did get a few bad calls from the ump, his ball was moving all over the place most of the time. But he was leaving some fastballs a bit too much over the plate in the later innings which hurt him. Perhaps it was because he hadn't pitched in 10 games. He did say he felt fine after the game, he had great velocity and movement. Chalk it up to some poor non-strike calls, the Braves hotness, and a few mistakes by Peavy.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:02 pm

The first article of 2007 is up!

Mock Draft - Solitaire Style

With all of the mock drafts out there I thought it might be interesting to pit myself against the average drafter and publish the results as a one-man mock draft. To that end I pulled up the current average draft position (ADP) for a 5x5 roto league from the wonderful people at Mock Draft Central and got down to business.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers