Stephen Drew - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stephen Drew

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stephen Drew

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:51 pm

Anyone know when the ETA is for him? Trying to decide if he would be worth stashing away in my keeper league.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:42 pm

my guess is late this year or next year. i think the plan is to have him start next year.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Postby Niffoc4 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:02 pm

His ETA is whenever Counsell's next DL stint is (or late this year)... I have him stashed in my 20-team league, and keep hoping that Counsell's shoulder will act up again or something

Edit: just looked up his Minor league stats and he's already hit 6 HR... though I think most of Arizona's parks are hitter friendly...
Last edited by Niffoc4 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:07 pm

He is well worth it. You should grab him when you can. Even if he is not up this year, he has huge upside at a weak position.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby DCNats » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:18 pm

Not to hijack this thread, but how does his ceiling compare to HRam's or Hardy's?
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:23 pm

DCNats wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but how does his ceiling compare to HRam's or Hardy's?


As an offensive player, not even close. Drew may not be good enough defensively to stay SS long term though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby brandnew » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:27 pm

Yoda wrote:
DCNats wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but how does his ceiling compare to HRam's or Hardy's?


As an offensive player, not even close. Drew may not be good enough defensively to stay SS long term though.


I think he'll be fine, and Upton will be the one to move to CF. Usually teams don't just move studs to accomodate guys in the minors still, and when Drew's up, he'll be up for good. I'd definitely stash him away, he's well worth it. ;-D IMO his ETA is late May-June, or whenever Counsell hurts himself.
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby thedude » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 pm

brandnew wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DCNats wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but how does his ceiling compare to HRam's or Hardy's?


As an offensive player, not even close. Drew may not be good enough defensively to stay SS long term though.


I think he'll be fine, and Upton will be the one to move to CF. Usually teams don't just move studs to accomodate guys in the minors still, and when Drew's up, he'll be up for good. I'd definitely stash him away, he's well worth it. ;-D IMO his ETA is late May-June, or whenever Counsell hurts himself.


Justin Upton has already been moved to Center field.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact