Brandon Philips - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brandon Philips

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:19 am

Now all Phillips has to do is fight off the overpaid Womack & Aurilla for playing time. PLEASE TRADE THOSE 2 & LaRue!!!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8503
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:37 am

I definitely understand the excitement with Phillips. I saw the hr he hit today and it wasn't a cheapo. Phillips is just lucky he found a better situation in Cincy. I doubt that Phillips can be removed from the lineup right now. As a matter of fact I think he's basically got 2b locked up. I think that as the team gets healthy he'll move up in the order (maybe bat 2nd) and Freel will go into a Util role.
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:48 am

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if Freel sits when Griffey returns, who's the Reds' leadoff hitter?
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3240
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Offshore

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:04 am

AKhomebrewer wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if Freel sits when Griffey returns, who's the Reds' leadoff hitter?
Felipe Lopez would hit leadoff. Last season he leadoff in 61 games.
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:17 am

Just picked him up! ;-D Hopefully this week will be as good as last
Image
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2360
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wishing Nixon would come back to the Sox

Postby orakana » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:41 am

bronxxbomber wrote:
AKhomebrewer wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if Freel sits when Griffey returns, who's the Reds' leadoff hitter?
Felipe Lopez would hit leadoff. Last season he leadoff in 61 games.



And to add onto this one, where will phillips playing time be when Freel starts playing second again? There's just no long term room for philips.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
orakana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 461
Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: C-Town Ohio

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:08 am

orakana wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:
AKhomebrewer wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if Freel sits when Griffey returns, who's the Reds' leadoff hitter?
Felipe Lopez would hit leadoff. Last season he leadoff in 61 games.



And to add onto this one, where will phillips playing time be when Freel starts playing second again? There's just no long term room for philips.


Phillips would be the full time 2b. Freel would go back to utility.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby orakana » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:26 am

[quote=
Phillips would be the full time 2b. Freel would go back to utility.[/quote]

Thanks, I didn't know that was the plan. I thought will all the 2B's in Cincy he'd have a hard time being the guy for the rest of the season.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
orakana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 461
Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: C-Town Ohio

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:44 am

orakana wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Phillips would be the full time 2b. Freel would go back to utility.


Thanks, I didn't know that was the plan. I thought will all the 2B's in Cincy he'd have a hard time being the guy for the rest of the season.


Womack (hopefully) will be optioned to AAA or traded when Griffey returns from the DL. Freel is best suited as a utility player anyways. He'll still get his ABs, giving the regulars frequent off days.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phunkadelic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:05 am

slomo007 wrote:
orakana wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Phillips would be the full time 2b. Freel would go back to utility.


Thanks, I didn't know that was the plan. I thought will all the 2B's in Cincy he'd have a hard time being the guy for the rest of the season.


Womack (hopefully) will be optioned to AAA or traded when Griffey returns from the DL. Freel is best suited as a utility player anyways. He'll still get his ABs, giving the regulars frequent off days.


My best guess is that Phillips will be the 2B starter 70-80% of the time once Griffey is back. Womack or a catcher is probably odd man out. One of them will be gone soon.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 707
Joined: 8 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Riding the Bench with Freel

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ShehanietaRax and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact