2 Blockbuster trades, WHIR! Only the experts please. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

2 Blockbuster trades, WHIR! Only the experts please.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2 Blockbuster trades, WHIR! Only the experts please.

Postby BTOWNHESS » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:40 am

OK I just retooled my team with 2 big trades...first one was

I gave Johan and Tex for Man-Ram and Bay

second I gave Shef, Mora and Lidge for Chipper, Carlos Zambrano and halladay

Tell me how I did and I WHIR

I needed OF help bad, and with Shelton, prince and Howard I was fine letting Tex go, and Johan starts slow but he just doesnt look right to me this year, so being able to land man-Ram and Bay for those 2 was a solid deal I think, then Shef became expendable and I have 4 other closers so Lidge was expendable and getting Halladay and Zambrano makes up for the loss of Johan.

My team before the trades.

C J. Varitek
1B M. Teixeira
2B R. Weeks
3B M. Mora
SS J. Reyes
OF J. Drew
OF G. Sheffield
OF Á. Ríos
Util C. Shelton
BN G. Atkins
BN P. Fielder
BN R. Howard
BN J. Barfield

SP B. Penny
SP G. Maddux
SP Ol. Pérez
RP B. Lidge
RP J. Nathan
P J. Papelbon
P M. González
P F. Rodney
BN Jo. Santana
DL E. Gagne
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kidsilk » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:03 pm

I think you did great in both deals actually. Nice way to retool the team! Thanks for you great response to my post
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1232)

Postby shappy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:54 pm

i like those two trades for you, bay seems to be heating up of late and manny as well. I have liked zambrano all season, i know before the season he was on a crazy workout and pitching plan to get in shape, and she should be fine, he has had 2 good starts and 2 bad starts, im hoping that the good starts, start to outweigh the bad ones soon. Halladay seemed to be fine in his first start back, so we can only hope that he returns to his cy young like pitching

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=195167

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby BTOWNHESS » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:20 am

shappy wrote:i like those two trades for you, bay seems to be heating up of late and manny as well. I have liked zambrano all season, i know before the season he was on a crazy workout and pitching plan to get in shape, and she should be fine, he has had 2 good starts and 2 bad starts, im hoping that the good starts, start to outweigh the bad ones soon. Halladay seemed to be fine in his first start back, so we can only hope that he returns to his cy young like pitching

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=195167

yeah I think he will step up ( Zambrano) plus my league counts IP and hes a lock for close to 200 K's and over 200 IP's
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mercury Rising » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:42 am

i like the first trade a little better than the first. manny ramirez is only gonna heat back up (manny being manny again) and jason bay is a very good outfielder to add to your lineup .
it's a little early to tell what's going on with santana..it could be mechanics or he could be in for a dreaded off year. experts predicted a couple of years ago that pitching wise, he adds more wear due to the way he pitches. big tex will be missed in the first base slot although chris shelton can take right over in his slot. shelton was riding a hot streak and i have a feeling we'll see the real shelton shortly. regardless, shelton should give you at least around 25 hr's this season. plus with prince and howard also as fill in's a first base, you really have plenty of help at that position. just make sure you are aware of hot streaks among the 3 and you'll be all set.

the second trade is simply ok. chippers been hurt and we'll see things go once he is fully healthy. carlos zambarano is a great pickup and fills in nicely in your pitching staff. there is something off about matt holiday though, i dont know if it was his slow start. but colorado manager benched him at certain points to see if it could help shift his momentum...
Mercury Rising
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BTOWNHESS » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:38 am

Mercury Rising wrote:i like the first trade a little better than the first. manny ramirez is only gonna heat back up (manny being manny again) and jason bay is a very good outfielder to add to your lineup .
it's a little early to tell what's going on with santana..it could be mechanics or he could be in for a dreaded off year. experts predicted a couple of years ago that pitching wise, he adds more wear due to the way he pitches. big tex will be missed in the first base slot although chris shelton can take right over in his slot. shelton was riding a hot streak and i have a feeling we'll see the real shelton shortly. regardless, shelton should give you at least around 25 hr's this season. plus with prince and howard also as fill in's a first base, you really have plenty of help at that position. just make sure you are aware of hot streaks among the 3 and you'll be all set.

the second trade is simply ok. chippers been hurt and we'll see things go once he is fully healthy. carlos zambarano is a great pickup and fills in nicely in your pitching staff. there is something off about matt holiday though, i dont know if it was his slow start. but colorado manager benched him at certain points to see if it could help shift his momentum...

It wasnt matt Holiday, It was Roy Halladay.....hoepfully the trade looks a little better now.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby somervillesoxfan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:38 pm

i thnk that you did a pretty good job with those trades. hard to give up on johan and tex but you got pretty good value especially in the second trade by adding 2 aces which you needed. all in all i think you made out.

thanks for the help with mine
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=196307
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:00 pm

I don't like that first trade at all. I traded Abreu for Johan and everyone here said it was a great deal for me, so surely trading Johan for Bay is the opposite. Tex and Manny are pretty close. I'd give the edge to Manny but they're too close to make up the difference between Johan and Bay.

I like the second deal though. Lidge was expendable and you got 2 upper tier starters.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DWright5 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:48 pm

as waht seems to be the popular feedback, i strongly disagree with that first trade you made Johan will be the best pitcher in the league for a long time but on the other hand, what a great trade you made w/ the 2nd one, halladay is an ace and zamby is nasty too good job and htanks for hte help on mine
DWright5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lctrckldcdtst » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:19 am

The first trade you mentioned is definitely better than the first. But they both helped out your team which is looking in oretty good shape.

F. Rodney isnt going to be much use anymore to you, see if you can snag A. Otsuka for some saves (he used to be a nasty holds guy) and maybe try to move shelton, since his value is probably going to begin to drop
lctrckldcdtst
T-Ball Trainer

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team