Hoo boy... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hoo boy...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Thursday » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:01 pm

RugbyD wrote:its not even 1am and your night is "long" and over? but to answer your original question, a few years ago when i was in your shoes a long night was 15ish+. i've never weighed more than 215. my body has always had a talent of begrudgingly, but dutifully, handling all the heaps of crap i throw at it.

Well, it was actually 2 am when i posted that one, the Cafe's clocks are off, thank you Daylight savings time. :-b
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:08 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:a 6 pack and I can't walk across the room without knocking something down :-o

College is coming soon for me. I need to hurry.

Practice makes perfection with drinking? :-?

For many. Just build up that tolerance. ;-D ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Coppermine » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:51 pm

I don't know about you guys, but 7 beers sure as hell is a long night for me. Now that's a lot different than when I was in college; but in college I was drinking Keystone Light from beer pong cups. Now I drink craft beer that comes in around 7% ABV, so I have to give myself some credit. Unless I make it a barley wine night, in which case 9-13% does an excellent job of cutting my night short.

Sometimes quality over quantity is a good thing.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:14 am

Thursday wrote:
RugbyD wrote:its not even 1am and your night is "long" and over? but to answer your original question, a few years ago when i was in your shoes a long night was 15ish+. i've never weighed more than 215. my body has always had a talent of begrudgingly, but dutifully, handling all the heaps of crap i throw at it.

Well, it was actually 2 am when i posted that one, the Cafe's clocks are off, thank you Daylight savings time. :-b

You change the time at the Cafe' in your profile. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:36 am

6 beers over a few hours wont do much to me.

i really cant get drunk off beer anymore (not saying i dont get a good buzz, but dont get stumbling drunk). i guess weighing 250 and building up a tolerance will do that to you, plus i dont slam it down either. i'd say an average night of drinking for me is 6-10 beers, but i can put down more

...now if i knock back 10-12 vodka tonics over a few hours...that'll do something
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:46 am

Three Mt. Dew's do me in. :-D :-D :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Just a count of Friday...

Happy Hour started at 5, so I got to my local favorite bar (Washington Tavern) at about 4:45 with my fiance and three friends, we all ordered some wings. My 1st pitcher comes at 5:00 or so; Killian's. From 5 - 10:30 I had 3 pitchers of Killian's, a shot of Jager, and 3 Jagerbombs. Then we left WT's and headed to my buddy's birthday party, where I played 4 games of 15-cup beer pong from 11 until 2 am. All in all, I 'm not entirely sure how much I drank, but I was good and drunk. On a regular night, it'll take probably 10-12 beers to get me to the point where I realize I can't drive (I'm not saying I can drive on fewer, but it's at that many that I admit I can't :-b )
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:15 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Just a count of Friday...

Happy Hour started at 5, so I got to my local favorite bar (Washington Tavern) at about 4:45 with my fiance and three friends, we all ordered some wings. My 1st pitcher comes at 5:00 or so; Killian's. From 5 - 10:30 I had 3 pitchers of Killian's, a shot of Jager, and 3 Jagerbombs. Then we left WT's and headed to my buddy's birthday party, where I played 4 games of 15-cup beer pong from 11 until 2 am. All in all, I 'm not entirely sure how much I drank, but I was good and drunk. On a regular night, it'll take probably 10-12 beers to get me to the point where I realize I can't drive (I'm not saying I can drive on fewer, but it's at that many that I admit I can't :-b )

Nice choice of brew. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat May 13, 2006 3:10 am

Go alcohol...no sleep till Brookylyn ;-D ;-D ;-7 ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-7 ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D O:-) :*) :*) :*)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk