F. Codero blows another one...Let the speculation begin... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

F. Codero blows another one...Let the speculation begin...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:08 am

Rotoworld seems to think they're going to let him ride it out. Personally, I'm picking Otsuka up. I just dropped Worrell for him. Sure, Worrell might get some saves, but a closer in the high 80s without great secondary pitches or deception isn't exactly going to get things done. And I think Benitez will be closing, despite still having a rough outing command and velocity wise today.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joe Mauer » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:05 am

warrick95 wrote:And I think Benitez will be closing, despite still having a rough outing command and velocity wise today.

Well, it's good that he only was lacking in the command and velocity departments. I suppose it could have been worse. His arm could of fallen off.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:53 am

The Ranger announcers say that Buck is going to let Cordero work through it and ride it out, but that was before today's outing, so who knows? I'll be checking out the paper tomorrow though. B-)

As a Ranger fan, I think Alfonseca will get chance over Otsuka if it comes down to that. Alfonseca's got closer experience and he's only given up 2 runs in 8.2 innings. Otsuka's given up 3 runs in 8 innings and doesn't have the experience. Small sample size on era's for this season, but I think it will boil down to experience, and Alfonseca wins that easy.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:57 am

Madison wrote:The Ranger announcers say that Buck is going to let Cordero work through it and ride it out, but that was before today's outing, so who knows? I'll be checking out the paper tomorrow though. B-)

As a Ranger fan, I think Alfonseca will get chance over Otsuka if it comes down to that. Alfonseca's got closer experience and he's only given up 2 runs in 8.2 innings. Otsuka's given up 3 runs in 8 innings and doesn't have the experience. Small sample size on era's for this season, but I think it will boil down to experience, and Alfonseca wins that easy.

Yeah but it is Showwalter. The same guy that went to Black Jack McDoweel instead of Wetteland in the playoffs because he lost confidence in Wetteland.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:59 pm

Might wanna start looking at picking up Alfonseca or Otsuka fellas. Cordero was brutal tonight. If all you have is a fastball, big league hitters are going to knock it around. Mad seems to think Alfonseca is the better choice, I tend to agree.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bceagles04 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:02 pm

- M. Kotsay singled to left
- N. Swisher walked, M. Kotsay to second
- E. Chavez grounded out to first, M. Kotsay to third, N. Swisher to second
- F. Thomas grounded out to shortstop, M. Kotsay scored
- D. Johnson doubled to deep left center, N. Swisher scored
- D. Johnson to third on wild pitch
- B. Crosby grounded out to third

Doesnt look to great...let the speculation begin
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby duckbillgates » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:44 pm

My unfounded suspicion is that there is an unreported injury, and he'll be headed for the DL.
Gut feeling. Just makes sense.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby smoovethug » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:35 am

Otsuka doesn't have any MLB experience closing, but he was a closer in Japan for a while if that counts for anything. I think I'd rather pick him up than Alfonseca but I'll listen to the Ranger fans and go with ol' 6 fingers if I do make a move.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:53 am

At least he got the win ;-D ......but man.....he's gotta shake this thing....and sooooooon :-o :-o :-o

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers