The offical American Idol thread? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The offical American Idol thread?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pacman » Thu May 25, 2006 11:51 am

This thread kinda died on the vine, which is appropriate, as this season of AI stunk.

But I guess I'll revive it to congratulate Taylor... but I just don't get him. He's boring to me. How in the world did he win that thing?

Kat was a hottie, but her singing was pretty average the final few weeks. I'm not surprised that Taylor beat her, just that he made it all the way to the end. Actually I was shocked he was in the Final 12.

Peace
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Thu May 25, 2006 1:50 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:You guys probably don't know but there is a Canadian version of the show called Canadian Idol. A few years ago a guy named Jacob Hoggard tried out for the show as a joke and maybe to get some airtime and free publicity for his band. He went on the show with noserings and rings in rings in his lips and just looked like a complete freak.

When he made it to the final three and it looked like he was going to win it he went on his website and told all of his fans to vote for someone else b/c the last thing in the world that he wanted was to be known as the winner of a crappy show like Canadian Idol :-b

Anyways he was voted off in third place and his band Hedley is actually quite good and have a decent single out called "On my own".

That is awesome. Good for him! ;-D

I was shocked Taylor beat that hot, big breas.. erm, I mean, Katherine McPhee. My fiance explained it this way- last week when Elliot was eliminated, the majority of the people who were voting for him switched to Taylor instead of Katherine. That makes sense.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 25, 2006 2:00 pm

If KM dressed slorier she would have won.

I can't believe that white haired 40 year old freak won. When the girls don't win I get mad. Especially when the girls probably would have been in playboy or better yet penthouse after there career hits the toilet
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 25, 2006 2:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:If KM dressed slorier she would have won.

I can't believe that white haired 40 year old freak won. When the girls don't win I get mad. Especially when the girls probably would have been in playboy or better yet penthouse after there career hits the toilet

i'm waiting for Danielle the Survivor runner up with the big fake cans to figure this out...although she does have a mouth like Barbaro and a thick Bahh-sten accent, but at least pictures cant talk...and i can cover up the horse-mouth
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 pm

Taylor Hicks :-P I would not pay a cent to hear that man sing. He has a decent voice, good at best, but nothing special. It was evident on the finale when you heard all of the duets and the rest of the top 12 singing all in succession that he didn't have the best voice. Hell not even close, I wouldn't put him in the top 5. Paris and Chris stole the show IMO they both seemed to be a step ahead of the rest of them. I thought that Eliot sounded good again also. In the last duet with Kat (who doesn't even have an incredible voice herself) and Taylor I was just stunned that Taylor won, it was pretty clear to me who had a better voice. Overall a pretty crappy season... there is a ton of talent in the top 12, but Taylor winning kind of killed it. All the people who loved him for how he performed and entertained will be awful dissappointed when all they get is hearing him on a CD without watching him. I actually think that a number of the top 12 other than Taylor will end up with successful careers:

Kat will end up on Broadway - she has that kind of voice (see Somewhere over the Rainbow) and the looks.
Chris will have a successful career as a rock artist - its clear that he is here to stay, seeing as the moment he got voted off he was getting offers from established bands such as Fuel.
Paris will sing Jazz/R&B and be very good at it. She had the best voice in the competition (IMO) and she's only 17.
Eliot will be a decent R&B singer. He's got a great voice but I don't know how marketable he will be.
Lisa Tucker - The "sleeper" of the group. Already successful on Broadway, got a guest spot on the OC, young and good looking, and as she proved last night a great voice. A true triple threat.

Anyways... yeah. Taylor Hicks = :-P

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bball123 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:56 pm

Katheren is dam fine, but Taylor deserved to win!!!!!
bball123
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 25, 2006 9:51 pm

bball123 wrote:Katheren is dam fine, but Taylor deserved to win!!!!!

I agree. I never watched the show until I sat down with my family and it grew on me. Plus, she is georgeous. Anyway, from a strictly voice standpoint, I think that Katharine wins hands down. Unfortunately, she seemed very scripted and that hurt her. What Taylor lacked in talent, he made up in personality. That's what made him win, IMHO.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby go_jays_go » Thu May 25, 2006 10:19 pm

I've got McPheever. She is very good looking. 8-o ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 26, 2006 10:16 am

go_jays_go wrote:I've got McPheever. She is very good looking. 8-o ;-D

Agreed. I actually think that she has some Jessica Alba in her. 8-o :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby knapplc » Fri May 26, 2006 10:20 am

Lofunzo wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:I've got McPheever. She is very good looking. 8-o ;-D

Agreed. I actually think that she has some Jessica Alba in her. 8-o :-)

I'd like to see that. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk