A.J. Burnett.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

A.J. Burnett..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A.J. Burnett..

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:35 am

If this is serious, what happens next? Do they simply use Downs the entire season, or do they try to trade for somebody?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:39 am

I'm saying they stick with Downs or call someone up. Doubt they trade for someone. It's frustrating with A.J.'s problems. :-/
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:58 am

It doesn't appear to be that serious, (it look like it's the same scar tissue problem acting up again), but he missed about a month with that, so I'll assume he'll miss atleast another month healing from this setback. Downs can probably fill in, but the Jays really need Halladay not to be having any of his own health problems during this time..

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=163461&hubname=
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby DSpec » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:41 am

I say that they'll stick with Downs for now but if Burnett's injury is really serious(cross fingers) then I think the Jays might actually trade for a proven starter or something mid-way through the season. I don't think they'll use callups like Mcgowan as much as last year to fill in.
DSpec
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:06 pm

Marcum was called up today, but he'll only be a temporary guy in the bullpen until Friday (when they need a starter). Ricciardi says that's when they'll call up somebody from AAA. Right now, the guy who is having the best season so far is Taubenheim. But when you look at the schedule, Banks and Janssen are the guys who would be in line to pitch that day.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASApp/ ... p&c_id=tor
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:15 am

Both Janssen and Banks pitched today (double-header). I think one of the two will get the call to pitch on thursday and I'm excited to see what they can do, especially with Towers struggling. :,-(

My guess....Janssen gets the start on thursday. :-)
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:01 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:Both Janssen and Banks pitched today (double-header). I think one of the two will get the call to pitch on thursday and I'm excited to see what they can do, especially with Towers struggling. :,-(

Yeah, it looks Casey was taken out of his start early today just to rest up for Thursday. I don't believe he's on the 40-man roster, though. Hopefully, it won't have to be another Perkins situation, where they lose a player in the process of bringing somebody up.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:18 am

I'm worried about AJ. It is scar tissue getting detached and floating around in his elbow. Because of the scar tissue from his surgery this can happen again. But my understanding is that this just causes pain. He's been dealing with it since spring training 2004 and he lasted 78 pitches with the pain last start, why doesn't he just pitch with the pain?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:41 pm

mweir145 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Both Janssen and Banks pitched today (double-header). I think one of the two will get the call to pitch on thursday and I'm excited to see what they can do, especially with Towers struggling. :,-(

Yeah, it looks Casey was taken out of his start early today just to rest up for Thursday. I don't believe he's on the 40-man roster, though. Hopefully, it won't have to be another Perkins situation, where they lose a player in the process of bringing somebody up.

Yup. Only 40 pitches for Janssen yesterday I believe. And no, I don't think he's on the 40-man roster, but I do believe the Jays have one spot left, so they can actually add someone without having to drop someone else.
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:57 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm worried about AJ. It is scar tissue getting detached and floating around in his elbow. Because of the scar tissue from his surgery this can happen again. But my understanding is that this just causes pain. He's been dealing with it since spring training 2004 and he lasted 78 pitches with the pain last start, why doesn't he just pitch with the pain?

Man...that does not sound good...at all. :-o He's supposed to see that doctor in Alabama today.

Meanwhile...Go Habs? :-B
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Toronto Blue Jays