What if... Soriano is simply a stud??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What if... Soriano is simply a stud???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What if... Soriano is simply a stud???

Postby The Jury » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:09 am

We've considered the parks. We've considered the average. We've considered the position switch.

The average is going to drop, but what if Alfonso is a legitimate 100-30-90-30 guy whever he plays? Have we underrated Fonsie, or are you confident that he will end the season with mediocre stats?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:12 am

He's a stupid ballplayer but he's always been a rare talent and fantasy machine. Good for him. I've always liked him and I would've been crushed had we traded him for anyone but ARod and a couple other guys. He's real exciting to watch. Good for everyone who ignored the BS. ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:15 am

Underrated him. 2B is easily the scarcest position this year compared to past years. I told everyone he'd stay the #1 2B, but nobody would believe me. I said that he can hit away from Texas. He had a good average back in NYY. Thus, I think the home/away splits were heavily overrated and that he'll put up decent numbers regardless of where he plays. Yes, his numbers will decrease a bit in Washington, but not nearly as much as people think. He'll easily be worth a 2nd round pick.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GSes » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:17 am

I tried to tell people this when he got moved to washington, u can try and make all u want out of his problems wutever, lol at the end of the day he is simply alfonso soriano who as we kno is a super star in fantasy baseball.

You know when he got traded to Texas peole though his numbers would GO UP :-° because he would be out of the NY spotlight and in a better park, yet he kind of dissapointed us cuz he did just the same thing in texas that he did in new york.

then he moves to washington and ppl say bla bla bla he is gonna suck, yaaaaaaaaaaaa, thats wut i told the guy when i stole him for briano roberts, turnbow, and morris. Sorianos track record suggests no matter where he plays, and wut u think he will do better or worse, he does about the same.

100+ runs
30+HR
100+RBI
30+SB
270avg

mr. soriano was once a first round draft pick, but ppl got scared off by his average, so they started to not wanna risk him in the 1st rd with fear he was some day gonna suck. every year though he just keeps doing wut he has always done.

the fact is he was suppose to do better in texas, he did the same
so he supose to do worse in wash? i think he will do the same. :-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:19 am

I'm definitely glad I decided not to trade Soriano over the winter (well atleast tonight I am).. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:20 am

Small sample size. He will still hit around .250 with fewer than 30 HR's and his R/RBI will not excite you at the end of the year because once Vidro and Johnson go down like they do every year, that lineup is miserable. Just wait for one of his slumps to hit before you talk about how great he is, he's a very streaky guy.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby slomo007 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:21 am

I personally think I would be selling high right now. Is he capable of putting up stud numbers all year? Yes. Is it likely? No.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby GSes » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:24 am

why in the world would u sell high on the top fantasy second basemen, the guy has been a top fantasy secondbasemen for the last 4years and the guy who well, he is a freakn stud!

IF anyone passed soriano up in the second round this year, then u are well, ur not that smart.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:27 am

GSes wrote:why in the world would u sell high on the top fantasy second basemen, the guy has been a top fantasy secondbasemen for the last 4years and the guy who well, he is a freakn stud!

IF anyone passed soriano up in the second round this year, then u are well, ur not that smart.

You're kidding right? All, I repeat, ALL of the indicators pointed to him having a down season. The only thing I thought he would be better in was steals, and that is simply because Texas doesn't run much. His average figured to be around .250, and his power would be below 30 HRs, thus making him extremely overvalued if you took him in the 2nd round.

Now, if he continues to produce like he has, then obviously you are right and the rest of the fantasy nation is wrong. But, it's still awfully early to be signing praises. Especially on the biggest offensive night of his career.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TonyCee » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:29 am

slomo007 wrote:I personally think I would be selling high right now. Is he capable of putting up stud numbers all year? Yes. Is it likely? No.

LOL, Sell High? You High? Where else can you get a 30/30 player, yeah the AVG may not turn out great but it's money in the bank when you can get your steals and homeruns in one AND at 2B. ;-D
Last edited by TonyCee on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers