Dontrelle gets hammered - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dontrelle gets hammered

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:11 pm

messed that one up...
I wouldn't want him in a keeper league. Man, I have to learn how to talk.

are you crazy???

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Super GM » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:13 pm

jdh wrote:Yeah, Willis's fall back to earth was more than overdue. When he starts seeing quality offenses like Atlanta and St. Louis second times around, he will really start getting lit.
He had to return to earth sometime, he was just too good before. That's why I traded him. I only got Ramon Ortiz, but that doesn't bother me, cause I picked Buehrle off waivers...
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:17 pm

one bad outing and everyone assumes the guy's career is over. it happens to everybody, you cant say he is done due to one bad start. and i don't care if he has played mediocre teams for the most part, he still is dominant and in the mlb, not the minors. he should rebound and be fine, he is a young stud pitcher, who wouldnt want him in a keeper league...?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Cubs

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:28 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:I know you didn't like that post, DieHardCubbie, but I love to loathe the Cubs. I've never liked Sosa, I despise Prior, and I detest Dusty Baker. I can't wait to see my hometown Astros eradicate your cubs. The only Cub I find decent is Moisos Alou. He was one of the best hitters in the late nineties. Even though he is ripping the cover off the ball these days, he is nothing compared to '98. And we all know the Cubs have the if not one of the worst infields in baseball.

This coming from a guy who has his "hometown Astros" and a A's logo for his avatar.... ;-)

If we all pulled for the same team baseball wouldn't be as much fun...come this weekend though white flags will fly at Wrigley... :-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

ok

Postby pkarr5000 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:49 pm

What a cheap blow. :~( I love the Astros because I live in Houston, but I used to live in Oakland.

I'll be waiting to see your reaction once the killer b's pull back-to back- to back jacks again.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:38 pm

Super GM wrote:
jdh wrote:Yeah, Willis's fall back to earth was more than overdue. When he starts seeing quality offenses like Atlanta and St. Louis second times around, he will really start getting lit.
He had to return to earth sometime, he was just too good before. That's why I traded him. I only got Ramon Ortiz, but that doesn't bother me, cause I picked Buehrle off waivers...

If it hadn't been for the rain, the Dontrelle express would have kept right on rolling. He wasn't getting the low strike in the first inning causing the 2 walks. He adjusted and had a good 2nd inning, then came the rain. He will be just fine and in my starting rotation in 5 days with no concern.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:39 pm

blankman wrote:Once again, I'm the one laughing, having picked up Webb instead of Willis :-D. Sorry all Willis owners, it looks as if the ride may be coming to an end.

Some of us were quick enough to get both of them and the ride on either one is not coming to an end anytime soon. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tjhksig » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:54 pm

Not to be rude, but people who are saying the 'ride' is over b/c of one bad outing, you are morons. I guess that means Pedro, Schill, RJ, are done b/c they've had bad outings this year as well. They all suck, ride's over. Glad I grabbed so and so. Will you be saying that when THEY are rocked? Sheesh. (I guess I do mean to be rude)

So now in Fantasy Baseball, one bad outing means the guy is washed up. Got it. Thanks.

P.S. I'll be starting him without fail next time.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:55 pm

All that I can say is that I would LOVE to be in leagues with the owners of Willis who think he's done. I could get him real cheap. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:03 pm

tjhksig wrote:Not to be rude,...

Oh, don't worry that wasn't rude at all :-t. When Willis falls flat we'll see who the "morons" are.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers