Dontrelle gets hammered - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dontrelle gets hammered

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Hyde » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:15 pm

The rain delay hurt a little bit, but the fact is Donsmell really only has 1 good pitch which is his fastball. He doesn't even throw a curve and his slider is average at best. His delivery is what has been fooling hitters up to this point. Unless he finds a good 2nd pitch to get right handed hitters out, Donty is going to be in big trouble.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby willieroe » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:18 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:As a Willis owner, I am not worried. Start him again in 5 days, no questions asked!

Well, it's important to remember that since his winning streak began on May 25, Willis has pitched only one game against a team with an above-league-average offense (the Braves on July 2.)
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:26 pm

Hyde wrote:The rain delay hurt a little bit, but the fact is Donsmell really only has 1 good pitch which is his fastball. He doesn't even throw a curve and his slider is average at best. His delivery is what has been fooling hitters up to this point. Unless he finds a good 2nd pitch to get right handed hitters out, Donty is going to be in big trouble.

Hyde, that sounds like the talk of someone who missed out on drafting Willis!!!
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Hyde » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:33 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:
Hyde wrote:The rain delay hurt a little bit, but the fact is Donsmell really only has 1 good pitch which is his fastball. He doesn't even throw a curve and his slider is average at best. His delivery is what has been fooling hitters up to this point. Unless he finds a good 2nd pitch to get right handed hitters out, Donty is going to be in big trouble.

Hyde, that sounds like the talk of someone who missed out on drafting Willis!!!

Leiterfan, actually I just got Willis in a trade and today was his 1st start for me. While watching the game I realized that I made a big mistake trading for him, but I was desperate for some pitching. The only reason I got Willis is because not many teams have faced him yet. I wouldn't him in a keeper league that's for sure.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hyde » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:37 pm

I wouldn't want him in a keeper league. Man, I have to learn how to talk.
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:46 pm

Hyde wrote:I wouldn't want him in a keeper league. Man, I have to learn how to talk.

I actually understood you, and had to re-read your last quote to see what you mis-wrote. So don't feel too bad. :-B
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

man

Postby pkarr5000 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:05 pm

man, i'm never gonna get my era under 4.00. It was at 4.00 yesterday, then Mulder gets rocked. So now its up at 4.04. I refuse to even think what it is now that Dontrelle gets massacred. I was really hoping Dontrelle could show Dusty he was the man, AGAIN, but unfortunetly the rain screwed it all up. I have always hated the Cubs, and I will die hating the Cubs.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: man

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:22 pm

pkarr5000 wrote: I have always hated the Cubs, and I will die hating the Cubs.

8-o .....Image
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Cubs

Postby pkarr5000 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:39 pm

I know you didn't like that post, DieHardCubbie, but I love to loathe the Cubs. I've never liked Sosa, I despise Prior, and I detest Dusty Baker. I can't wait to see my hometown Astros eradicate your cubs. The only Cub I find decent is Moisos Alou. He was one of the best hitters in the late nineties. Even though he is ripping the cover off the ball these days, he is nothing compared to '98. And we all know the Cubs have the if not one of the worst infields in baseball.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:10 pm

[/quote]I wouldn't want him in a keeper league. Man, I have to learn how to talk.

Are you crazy???

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers