Guardado May Lose Job to Putz..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guardado May Lose Job to Putz.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseballboy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:14 pm

Bottom line:

Guardado is and has been the closer for a long time and is fine - as in not injured. He's had a little bad luck and accually could have easily gotten the saves in his last two games if things fell right. Hargrove is old school and will stick with this guy forever before even considering making a change. So if you feel the need to grab Putz or Soriano please feel free to do so. In a couple of weeks we'll all be saying "steady-Eddie" continues his saving ways once again.
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BuckeyeSal » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:33 pm

BBB- There will be a year when Eddie hits the wall, why are you so sure that this is not the year. He's not a spring chicken. The three camps in the is arguement by the way are just the people that have Eddie, the people that have Putz, and the people that have Soriano arguing for their guy....like that will change anything.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:42 pm

BuckeyeSal wrote:BBB- There will be a year when Eddie hits the wall, why are you so sure that this is not the year. He's not a spring chicken. The three camps in the is arguement by the way are just the people that have Eddie, the people that have Putz, and the people that have Soriano arguing for their guy....like that will change anything.

I don't have any. Putz is a terrible pitcher at best and Soriano is not ready to be the closer. While Eddie has been very successful for about 5 years until the last 3 weeks. So this is just some pipe dream that Eddie will suddenly lose his job. And people think this is the same as Foulke's situation.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:44 pm

Eddie won't lose his job but he will (likely) be traded.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:52 pm

i resent being forced into these camps. i mean, i love camping, but when i camp, it's on my own terms, baby. my own terms.

i have soriano.

guardado is teetering, be it on the brink of trade/undisclosed injury/intolerable ineffectiveness, or a combination thereof.

i think putz will get the job. it makes me mad. edit: did you know that putz, literally translated, means, "foreskin" or "unclean penis?"

soriano deserves--and is ready--for the job.

that's my camp. it's pretty sweet--we're roasting weenies and watching the setting sun over a lake of glass. yoda, fire's getting low. your turn to get the wood.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:59 pm

benjapage wrote: yoda, fire's getting low. your turn to get the wood.

b

Can I just sing a song instead?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:11 pm

benjapage wrote:when in doubt, take the best pitcher: soriano.

b

In most formats that's very good advice. Even if he doesn't end up getting you a closer's share of saves you'll enjoy the odd vultured win/save, excellent ratios and a boatload of k's.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby baseballboy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:28 pm

benjapage wrote:i think putz will get the job. it makes me mad. edit: did you know that putz, literally translated, means, "foreskin" or "unclean penis?"

LMAO!!! I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!!! :~(
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby nikku88 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:43 pm

Unless Guardado gets injured I don't see him losing the closer's job. He's a FA after this year so he probably will get traded near the deadline and he would be worth a lot more if he's still the closer.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby klvrdude » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:36 am

Put another knotch in his BS book....its only a matter of time.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers