JD DREW - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

JD DREW

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

JD DREW

Postby albanese » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:52 pm

I really dont know much about this guy but is on the bench on another team. H is numbers look great, whats he worth, compared to who, trying to make a trade.
albanese Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Roy Hinske » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Drew has become injury prone if I'm not mistaken.
Go Jays Go !!!
Roy Hinske
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby schmidty » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:32 pm

He hasn't become -- he's always been injury prone. Yeah, he puts up the numbers when he plays. But the "when" part of that is a question mark. But I like him as part of an OF/Util rotation when you don't have to play everyone and can do daily moves. His fantasy value seems to be extremely low -- most rank him in the 150-200 overall range. He's a pain though. He'll randomly sit out games with little warning. It may not be worth it to you to do the extra work to keep up on his schedule. But if you do, he can help out your teams overall numbers without a high trading cost.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby sj2k » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:30 am

The only reason drew is going ranked so low is that he is such an injury risk. IF he gets through a whole season uninjured, he should go .310-30-100 with a few steals, and for leagues that count OBP or OPS he is nice too because he has a great eye and takes alot of walks. He is off to a little bit of a slow start this year, but much better than last year. He really went off last year before getting hurt, so expect a hot streak coming soon, in fact I think he homered last night, so it might be starting now
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheOmen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:25 pm

But I like him as part of an OF/Util rotation when you don't have to play everyone and can do daily moves.

Bingo! ;-D I use Drew to great effect this way. I plucked him from the WW and figure to ride him until he breaks down. He's a top 20 OF when he is playing.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dloke » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:14 pm

is he better to own right now than someone like swisher or mench? my outfield is a s**tshow.
dloke
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates