Teixiera.. Any concerns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby willy-t » Thu May 04, 2006 6:26 pm

yeah, but this league you have to pay money to get into, and nobody will pay (a reasonable sum of) money to enter a league if they dont know what they're doing.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ktown » Fri May 05, 2006 12:55 am

Don't worry about Teix. Take a closer look at his OPS numbers (3+ years is a good sample). For his career, he's hit .898 but only .815 in April. That means he'd need an OPS of ~.925 during the rest of the year to get there. He's currently hitting .832 and he's due a .110 point increase! Enjoy the ride when the weather in Texas heats up and the ball starts flying out of Arlington. I just traded for him for Rolen and King Felix. I'm expecting big things soon.
ktown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby decoy562 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:22 am

I think I got the best deal so far...I got Tex and J Bay and sent him N Swisher and A Rowand

;-D
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby George_Foreman » Fri May 05, 2006 8:36 am

decoy562 wrote:I think I got the best deal so far...I got Tex and J Bay and sent him N Swisher and A Rowand

;-D
Yahoo! public leagues don't count.....
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby decoy562 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:39 am

George_Foreman wrote:
decoy562 wrote:I think I got the best deal so far...I got Tex and J Bay and sent him N Swisher and A Rowand

;-D
Yahoo! public leagues don't count.....

Yeah, this was supposed to be a competitive league, if they are smart, they'll veto it :-P
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Fri May 05, 2006 9:23 am

willy-t wrote:yeah, but this league you have to pay money to get into, and nobody will pay (a reasonable sum of) money to enter a league if they dont know what they're doing.

Wow, that was a little uncalled for. I propose to you that it might not be how good someone is at fantasy sports that causes people to not want to pay (a reasonable sum of) money to be in a league with you.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Fri May 05, 2006 10:46 am

dkakridas wrote:I am still confident that he will end the year with 40 HR and arounf 120 RBI. He will get his.

Patience.
Agreed. People get all concerned after one month. Everyone goes through ups and downs. Teix will get on track.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Red Stripe » Fri May 05, 2006 10:02 pm

Tex's career numbers

April- .258/.350/.464/.814 13 HR's in 295 AB's
May- .271/.347/.502/.849 13 HR's in 273 AB's

Yet he's a career .282/.362/.536/.898 hitter with 110 HR's in 1,829 AB's not to mention after May his OPS is above .900 every month except July where he is .881.

He's obviously a slow starter and you all now that his big months were near the end of the year and around june the last two years. Don't worry, it would be pointless to trade him anyway since you won't get fair value for him in return.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FBIGUY » Sat May 06, 2006 12:21 am

IF you are not worried at this point you are nuts!

Another 0-5 and a K tonight.

This guy is slumping bad and I am really starting to have a hard time keeping him in my line-up!

thanks for all those rankings earlier where everyone on this web site said he was a first rounder! NOT :-t
Writing Fantasy Baseball Articles whenever I get a chance and checking my fantasy teams.
FBIGUY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MinorityAuthority » Sat May 06, 2006 2:25 am

I really hate to be mean or anything like that.

But you my sir do not know what you are talking about.

I have to thank you though. You inspired me to try to move Shelton (yes it may be too late)/Odalis Perez/Huff for Tex/Liriano/Colon.

If you think he sucks so badly, why did you draft him? Have you ever followed Fantasy Baseball before? Do you know how to look up stats?

Like I said to somebody else, I hope you post in June/July when he's on fire and you're kicking yourself for trading him to get the flavor of the week.
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers