Teixiera.. Any concerns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby TB13 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:53 am

kemper5 wrote:I just think unless he becomes en fuego in May-Sept we may see a down year here.. Let me pose this question... Would you be mildly concerned if he's at 2 HR's 1st week of May with 100+ AB's under his belt?

He has had slow Aprils every year. If it is mid-May and he still has two homers, sure I would be concerned. But that would mean that he is going to go the next 2-3 weeks without getting one. I would tend to doubt that it happens.
This is April people. For those that are getting concerned, look around the league and see what players have 3 & 4 homers. Do you really think that ALL of these players are going to finish with better numbers than Teix?
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:04 pm

I hope this thread can take a rest for a while after his 2/1/3 line he put up today. :-°
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Mugrila » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:21 pm

slomo007 wrote:I hope this thread can take a rest for a while after his 2/1/3 line he put up today. :-°

this thread lasted much longer than it needed to. tex is fine and will put up numbers like he always does. there are too many threads concerning established players that are in a slump.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:31 pm

Mugrila wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I hope this thread can take a rest for a while after his 2/1/3 line he put up today. :-°

this thread lasted much longer than it needed to. tex is fine and will put up numbers like he always does. there are too many threads concerning established players that are in a slump.

I agree, especially when they're still hitting for average and are just getting walked a ton. No reason for worry unless your stud starts out hitting .100 after a month. Beltre owners should be worried at this point, but pretty much everyone else is OK. And Beltre owners should have known better anyways. B-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:29 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

I agree, especially when they're still hitting for average and are just getting walked a ton. No reason for worry unless your stud starts out hitting .100 after a month. Beltre owners should be worried at this point, but pretty much everyone else is OK. And Beltre owners should have known better anyways. B-)

Teix is NOT hitting for average (unless you like the low .270's) has K's a TON with guys on base and has not walked a TON as you mention.. You may want to look at his stats.. :-?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:31 am

So there are still no concerns here? I'll tell ya Im concerned. Teix has basically done nada in the 2 weeks this post has been alive. For anyone who has watched him, he does look a bit lost at the plate.Whats he at 3HR's and 12 RBI's or something real close to that.. All I know is the 0-5 or 1-4, 2K, ground into double play, leaving strands of guys stranded type nightmare nights are all still here.. Again lets visit the thought of him having a really bad 28 HR, 90 RBI, .275 type season (instead of the 45, 140, .295 type)?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dkakridas » Thu May 04, 2006 1:56 pm

I am still confident that he will end the year with 40 HR and arounf 120 RBI. He will get his.

Patience.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby quitesanemax » Thu May 04, 2006 2:03 pm

kemper5 wrote:So there are still no concerns here? I'll tell ya Im concerned. Teix has basically done nada in the 2 weeks this post has been alive. For anyone who has watched him, he does look a bit lost at the plate.Whats he at 3HR's and 12 RBI's or something real close to that.. All I know is the 0-5 or 1-4, 2K, ground into double play, leaving strands of guys stranded type nightmare nights are all still here.. Again lets visit the thought of him having a really bad 28 HR, 90 RBI, .275 type season (instead of the 45, 140, .295 type)?

If he gets hot in May, and plays the same way the rest of the year (from May to Oct) as he did last year, he will still get 40 HRs, 143 RBis, 116 Runs, and 197 hits for the year. His average in April of this year was .293, as opposed to .262 last year. Its really only the HRs has fallen behind in. Everything else is just about the same, if not better. I think he will find that power swing soon, and then, watch out!
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby willy-t » Thu May 04, 2006 2:23 pm

I just traded Berkman and Freel for him, I'm delighted. He'll get his numbers which means he's just going to make up for this in the later months.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Thu May 04, 2006 2:42 pm

willy-t wrote:I just traded Berkman and Freel for him, I'm delighted. He'll get his numbers which means he's just going to make up for this in the later months.

I traded Tracy, Lugo, and Shelton for Teix and H. Ramirez about a week ago.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers