Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Trade him for Wandy Rodriguez
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jacopo2155 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:50 pm

just wait till the heat comes and he will begin to heat up. i see him having about 40 hr and 125 rbi
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:21 pm

TB13 wrote:
Ender wrote:Teix is largely a product of that ballpark,

Again, that is simply not true. IF it were, then how do you explain 13 homers and 50+ rbi's on the road last year? Yes, he hits in a hitters park and gets excellent numbers there. But let's not make it seem like he is a Coors hitter away from Coors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/678 ... pe=Batting

A .270 average, with 13 hrs, and a .809 ops, is ok, but not good for a 1b. And certainty not a top 5 pick guy. Rbis are irrelevent.

A career .253 road hitter, with a .793 ops isn't that much for a 1B.

Helton by contrast has a career .298 road average, wit a .917 ops.

Tex is a HUGE product of his park.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby slomo007 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:23 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
TB13 wrote:
Ender wrote:Teix is largely a product of that ballpark,

Again, that is simply not true. IF it were, then how do you explain 13 homers and 50+ rbi's on the road last year? Yes, he hits in a hitters park and gets excellent numbers there. But let's not make it seem like he is a Coors hitter away from Coors.

A .270 average, with 13 hrs, and a .809 ops, is ok, but not good for a 1b. And certainty not a top 5 pick guy. Rbis are irrelevent.

A career .253 road hitter, with a .793 ops isn't that much for a 1B.

Helton by contrast has a career .298 road average, wit a .917 ops.

Comparing Tex's career stats to Helton's career stats is absolutely ludicrous. Tex has been in the league for what, 3 or 4 years? He is just now hitting his prime. Helton is way past his prime now, but has about 6 or 7 absolutely great seasons in his prime that are padding those stats. Come on hootie, I really expect better from you.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:41 pm

slomo007 wrote:Comparing Tex's career stats to Helton's career stats is absolutely ludicrous. Tex has been in the league for what, 3 or 4 years? He is just now hitting his prime. Helton is way past his prime now, but has about 6 or 7 absolutely great seasons in his prime that are padding those stats. Come on hootie, I really expect better from you.

The point was Helton hits away, but has always been labeled a product of Coors. Heltons career road ops of .917 barely trails Arods .935.

True, Tex has his prime yet, but he's shown little on the road so far. In Heltons 3rd full year, he hit .353 on road, with a 1.071 ops. So far Tex hasn't sniffed that. Tex likely improves his road numbers in his prime, but how much is speculation.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby TB13 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:53 pm

HOOTIE wrote:A .270 average, with 13 hrs, and a .809 ops, is ok, but not good for a 1b. And certainty not a top 5 pick guy. Rbis are irrelevent.

Yes, but for how early a career it has been, 13 hrs and around 55-57 rbi's on the road is certainly not nearly enough to be labeled "largely a product of the stadium". Really, if talking just road #'s how many people topped such numbers? I am sure than you can find some (Manny and Ortiz come to mind), but are there really that many? I think not. The point is when you combine the more than adeguate road numbers and excellent home numbers, you get a great first round pick. With those road numbers, this is not a player you bench when he is away from home.
A HUGE product of the park would not double his road numbers and still get 26 hrs & 108-110 rbi's.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:10 am

I just think unless he becomes en fuego in May-Sept we may see a down year here.. Let me pose this question... Would you be mildly concerned if he's at 2 HR's 1st week of May with 100+ AB's under his belt?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby thehat » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:07 am

kemper5 wrote:I just think unless he becomes en fuego in May-Sept we may see a down year here.. Let me pose this question... Would you be mildly concerned if he's at 2 HR's 1st week of May with 100+ AB's under his belt?

Not particularly.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:55 am

Tex would have had a homer instead of a triple today, but he banged it off the lower portion of the wall in the LF/Center alley. Almost anywhere else in the park, and that ball is gone.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stikmata » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:18 am

i'm trying to trade Carlos Delgado for him... i think i might be able to swing it :-°
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers