Teixiera.. Any concerns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikhayl » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:30 pm

pangbones wrote:It ain't like the guy isn't hitting!! His avg is still in the .290's. It just seems like everytime he gets a hit, no one is on base, or they can't come around and score. I don't think he's hurt. If he was, I would hope Showalter and the rest of the staff would be able to tell.

It's triply frustrating because the two guys who hit ahead of him are .300+ hitters. I've been trying to watch as many Texas games as possible, because Teixiera is killing me and Young or Matthews are ALWAYS on base.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fbc_fan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:01 pm

mikhayl wrote:
pangbones wrote:It ain't like the guy isn't hitting!! His avg is still in the .290's. It just seems like everytime he gets a hit, no one is on base, or they can't come around and score. I don't think he's hurt. If he was, I would hope Showalter and the rest of the staff would be able to tell.

It's triply frustrating because the two guys who hit ahead of him are .300+ hitters. I've been trying to watch as many Texas games as possible, because Teixiera is killing me and Young or Matthews are ALWAYS on base.

not only are they on base a good percentage of the time, but both matthews jr and young have relatively high slugging percentages for the 1/2 hole, thus they are routinely in scoring position for tex. sooner or later he'll figure it out, he's too good of a hitter to be like this for that much longer.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:01 pm

For those who have followed my post from the begining, it's time to get real on Teix.. OWNERS.. You are on the 25-28HR, 90 RBI train for Teix.. I traded in late April for Howard, and it's paying off big time.. I know his stock is low, but GET OFF the Teix 1st round train.. Put it this way, end of June 05, he was at 22 HR's and 62 RBI's.. He is not even 1/2 of that right now.. I think we may find out he's injured.. He looks lost at the plate.. Keep him if you want, but Id get rid of him now. Before you know it, it'll be August 1st and he will be sitting at a dandy 19 HR's and 70 RBI type season..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby pibb55 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:46 am

kemper5 wrote:For those who have followed my post from the begining, it's time to get real on Teix.. OWNERS.. You are on the 25-28HR, 90 RBI train for Teix.. I traded in late April for Howard, and it's paying off big time.. I know his stock is low, but GET OFF the Teix 1st round train.. Put it this way, end of June 05, he was at 22 HR's and 62 RBI's.. He is not even 1/2 of that right now.. I think we may find out he's injured.. He looks lost at the plate.. Keep him if you want, but Id get rid of him now. Before you know it, it'll be August 1st and he will be sitting at a dandy 19 HR's and 70 RBI type season..

Is this a joke? A Man with a .383 OBP is lost at the plate? That statement alone makes me not buy into anything else you said.

He's above his career Avg and OBP, hes improved his Batters Eye (.79 BB/K improvement over career .54), hes batting .306 with RISP, and even with how bad his power has been hes on pace for 92 Runs and 85 RBI. Baseball has a way of evening out over the long run and his Home Runs will come eventually. 43? Doubt it, but 30-35 is reasonable to expect. :-°
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 am

kemper5 wrote:It's something.. Im just glad I got rid of him way back.. I keep telling you guys.. Expect a 25-28 HR, 90 RBI type season out of him.

Hey man, you've posted your little prediction 9 times in this thread. We all get it: you think Teix will hit 25-28 HR WITH 90 RBI. Did I miss anything there?

Let me ask you this, for those of us who haven't developed your Nostradamus-like predictive skills, what do your repetitive posts contribute? Let me predict something: you're a very insecure dude who likes rubbing in the fact that he's right due to the fact that he very rarely is (and yes, I've seen some of your doozies...)

I drafted Teix, and I chose not to panic by dumping him early (In my opinion, a smart move, especially since first round picks tend to put up high round numbers rather consistently) So far: Oops. Everyone gets burnt once in a while. However, at this point, there is no reason to deal him, as the value you would get for him would rarely make up for the potential numbers he could put up.

So hey, if Teix does finish the year with 25-28 HR and 90 RBIs, good for you. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. But know this: if Teix does break out and progress toward his predicted numbers (which I'm PRAYING for), this thread will definitely be dug out again.
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Matthias » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:26 am

Inukchuk wrote:
kemper5 wrote:It's something.. Im just glad I got rid of him way back.. I keep telling you guys.. Expect a 25-28 HR, 90 RBI type season out of him.

Hey man, you've posted your little prediction 9 times in this thread. We all get it: you think Teix will hit 25-28 HR WITH 90 RBI. Did I miss anything there?

Yah. You missed all the Cafe vets telling him he was a nutjob.

He deserves a little, "I told you so" especially since you've said you'll do the same if Tex turns it around.

That said, I just tried to deal Tex for Pronk and got the, "I don't think so" in a league that only has one Utility spot and he was playing some garbage at 1B with lots of hitters riding the bench. So I'm not selling out on Tex right now, but I'd be happier having someone else with similar expectations and who's actually doing SOMEthing so far.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:31 am

Well, I just dealt for Michael Young in my money league. Largely because I now have both Young and Teixeira, who have both disappointed in the power categories so far. I guess my season is going to depend largely on how Teixeira rebounds, as Young's stats will probably depend on him also. :-o

Come on Tex, don't let me down. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:08 am

Matthias wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:

He deserves a little, "I told you so" especially since you've said you'll do the same if Tex turns it around.

That said, I just tried to deal Tex for Pronk and got the, "I don't think so" in a league that only has one Utility spot and he was playing some garbage at 1B with lots of hitters riding the bench. So I'm not selling out on Tex right now, but I'd be happier having someone else with similar expectations and who's actually doing SOMEthing so far.

Sounds about right. I also got ridiculed in preseason for saying that he was overrated.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby roninmedia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:09 am

I traded Tex away 5 weeks ago and I'm quite happy.

Tex/Huff/Mulder
for
Crawford/Podsednik.

He feels real ripped off now.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby slomo007 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:16 am

Yoda wrote:
Matthias wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:

Sounds about right. I also got ridiculed in preseason for saying that he was overrated.

Your argument for saying he was overrated was because of his poor split stats. That is completely faulty logic, as it doesn't matter what his split stats are unless he were to get traded out of Arlington. That's why you got ridiculed.

As for kemper5, he deserves to gloat a little. But, it is getting pretty old if I do say so.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers