Teixiera.. Any concerns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:49 pm

It's something.. Im just glad I got rid of him way back.. I keep telling you guys.. Expect a 25-28 HR, 90 RBI type season out of him.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1726
Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:09 am

Goooooooooooooooooo Kinsler!!! ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Smee » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:42 am

The signs of life are few and far between for this guy, though I can't fault people who drafted him super high. I mean there did seem to be a consensus that he was high first round caliber:

he's young
he's in an extreme hitters park
he had a superb year last year

Ending up with Tex is nothing but bad luck.
Image
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 321
Joined: 30 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BLADOW!

Postby jdsun1 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:11 am

Smee wrote:The signs of life are few and far between for this guy, though I can't fault people who drafted him super high. I mean there did seem to be a consensus that he was high first round caliber:

he's young
he's in an extreme hitters park
he had a superb year last year

Ending up with Tex is nothing but bad luck.


Some very bad luck I would say. Everything pointed to him having another great year.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Los_Dodgers » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:32 am

Man oh man, I liked Tex this year, and I don't know why I didn't manage to end up with him in any of my 5 leagues, but I sure am happy about it now. 1 - 6 1 rbi 1 k against the royals, when the rangers score 12 runs? wow, this is starting get ugly.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1391
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pangbones » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:26 am

It ain't like the guy isn't hitting!! His avg is still in the .290's. It just seems like everytime he gets a hit, no one is on base, or they can't come around and score. I don't think he's hurt. If he was, I would hope Showalter and the rest of the staff would be able to tell.

I'm not worried about the first 9 weeks, they are GONE. I'm worried about the next 16!! If he can put up numbers the rest of the year like he has the past 2 years, then I'll be happy. ;-D
Image
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4337
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby jdsun1 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:15 am

Its the LOB stat that I am worried about. I think they should move him in the order personally. Maybe have him hit 5th or something. It worked for soriano hitting 1st in the order and Sexson hitting 5th has 3 homers now at that spot.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am

jdsun1 wrote:Its the LOB stat that I am worried about. I think they should move him in the order personally. Maybe have him hit 5th or something. It worked for soriano hitting 1st in the order and Sexson hitting 5th has 3 homers now at that spot.

Worked for Bay, too. Worked very well... :-°
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:21 pm

JTWood wrote:
jdsun1 wrote:Its the LOB stat that I am worried about. I think they should move him in the order personally. Maybe have him hit 5th or something. It worked for soriano hitting 1st in the order and Sexson hitting 5th has 3 homers now at that spot.

Worked for Bay, too. Worked very well... :-°
Actually, I traded Bay right before he went off, so I could trade Teix if you ask nicely and then he'll heat up fast.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:23 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
JTWood wrote:
jdsun1 wrote:Its the LOB stat that I am worried about. I think they should move him in the order personally. Maybe have him hit 5th or something. It worked for soriano hitting 1st in the order and Sexson hitting 5th has 3 homers now at that spot.

Worked for Bay, too. Worked very well... :-°
Actually, I traded Bay right before he went off, so I could trade Teix if you ask nicely and then he'll heat up fast.


ROFL...can you possibly trade Pujols to speed up his recovery as well? :D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: exm and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact