Teixiera.. Any concerns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GoatCurse03 » Sat May 27, 2006 7:48 am

Props to fbc_fan. You can drop the yellow "L" on your profile as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sitting tight on Teix. He'll come around. It's not a question of where he ends up, which looks like it will be a notch below last year. It's a question of whether you think he can return to form for the rest of the year. Thanks to fbc_fan, I'm encouraged that he will. You've "invested" in Teix with his lower power numbers so far, you don't want to sell low now.
GoatCurse03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KOSTAS » Sat May 27, 2006 11:57 am

No worries here from this Tex owner. I am still booking him for close to 40 bombs. If anyone can get there from 5 in May it's big Tex.

Go get em' Mark

Go Rangers
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TB13 » Sat May 27, 2006 4:26 pm

He is finally showing some life. A few multi-hit games this week. Plus the homer and the other one he sent to the wall. It's almost June and Tex's season is about to begin.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jayman » Sat May 27, 2006 10:02 pm

just go find one of those "what's wrong with jason bay" threads from before last week. summer in texas = big long moster blasts.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat May 27, 2006 10:30 pm

Just dont forget his splits in 2004...
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby fbc_fan » Sun May 28, 2006 12:35 am

GoatCurse03 wrote:Props to fbc_fan. You can drop the yellow "L" on your profile as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sitting tight on Teix. He'll come around. It's not a question of where he ends up, which looks like it will be a notch below last year. It's a question of whether you think he can return to form for the rest of the year. Thanks to fbc_fan, I'm encouraged that he will. You've "invested" in Teix with his lower power numbers so far, you don't want to sell low now.

thanks! i would put a bit of stock into what the lovable losers said about his hr/outfield fly balls. a sample size of around two months should have been enough for it to elevate to the mean. i'm still not sure why it is so low, but i am encouraged by his recent hitting, and the hr the other day. i just traded for him, and paid a pretty hefty price, but nothing like his price on draft day, so i'm just sitting around on this one, waiting for the fireworks. ;-D
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun May 28, 2006 12:37 am

tex plays in texas, come on of course hes going to hit 30+guaranteed.. everyone on the team does.. if he hit any where else but colorado,texas,or cinci i would be concerned.. but he plays in the best hitters park in the league.. i'd look for 35-40homers 280BA with 115rbis or so.. seems realistic, he may never reach last years rbis again in his career.. but the hrs should be there.. ;-D
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Sun May 28, 2006 6:44 pm

Well, here it is almost end of month and my projections are dead center.. Teix at 5 HR's and 25 RBI's in 200 AB's.. Well that put's him on pace for a great 18-24 HR, 80-90 RBI type season.. I think still he will end up at about 25-28 HR's and 85-95 RBI's.. Not the 1st round type quality player I initially drafted, but smartened up a month into it and got Ryan Howard even up for him a few weeks back ;-D ;-D .. Ok guys, let er flow as usual and bash me telling me he'll get his 35+HR's and 90-100 RBI's in Just 400 AB's.. HAAAAAAAA, that is a joke fella's.. Get ready for a DOWWWWN Season w/ Teix..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby frankadelic » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:08 am

Power outage....
Teixera's HR/AB for May 2006 was 0.0275... lowest of his career. Spent my first round pick on this guy. Him plus Aramis Ramirez, Juan Pierre and Marcus Giles have been killing my team (all 4 have been on my bench since late April).

On a whim, I started Tex tonight since he was going against the Royals. 0-4. thanks buddy!

Still, I'm holding on to these guys in case they turn things around.
frankadelic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby jdsun1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:34 am

kemper5 wrote:Well, here it is almost end of month and my projections are dead center.. Teix at 5 HR's and 25 RBI's in 200 AB's.. Well that put's him on pace for a great 18-24 HR, 80-90 RBI type season.. I think still he will end up at about 25-28 HR's and 85-95 RBI's.. Not the 1st round type quality player I initially drafted, but smartened up a month into it and got Ryan Howard even up for him a few weeks back ;-D ;-D .. Ok guys, let er flow as usual and bash me telling me he'll get his 35+HR's and 90-100 RBI's in Just 400 AB's.. HAAAAAAAA, that is a joke fella's.. Get ready for a DOWWWWN Season w/ Teix..

I cant bash you beause I am sure that you are right. Its ok though because Ive got soriano to take care of things.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers