Teixiera.. Any concerns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby West » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:36 pm

It's April 21st. Teix is still slugging over .500 and his BB:K is 10:8. This guy is about to explode with the warm weather.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dc928 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:29 pm

;-D
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby oriolesbatboy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:41 pm

He's be good for 35-100+

The WBC at-bats, or the lack thereof probably has had a hand in his power outage right now. He'll be fine.
oriolesbatboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:55 pm

I'd drop him. ;-7
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:50 pm

Manny hit his first hr last yr on April 16th Homer less so far 5 days later. He ended up with 39 I think and 144 rbi. The big boppers get them and sometimes in pairs. They will both explode soon. Just hold on and enjoy the ride.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Tonight is not helping.. So far the Rangers have pounded out 18 hit.. Big Teix....0-3 with 2 K's.. Hmmm..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:06 pm

kemper5 wrote:Tonight is not helping.. So far the Rangers have pounded out 18 hit.. Big Teix....0-3 with 2 K's.. Hmmm..

He looked bad tonight in 2 ABs. He was pressing tonight after seeing his teammates do all the damage. I still have no fear that he'll be fine, but tonight is the first night I've seen him press. He looked terrible on back to back off-speed pitches when he was trying to crush fast balls in one at bat.

As frustrating as it is to see all of those runs and still not Teixeira damage, keep him in your lineup. He's going against Edwin Jackson tomorrow in Arlington. ;-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Re: Teixiera.. Any concerns?

Postby kemper5 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:09 pm

slomo007 wrote:
kemper5 wrote:Tonight is not helping.. So far the Rangers have pounded out 18 hit.. Big Teix....0-3 with 2 K's.. Hmmm..

He looked bad tonight in 2 ABs. He was pressing tonight after seeing his teammates do all the damage. I still have no fear that he'll be fine, but tonight is the first night I've seen him press. He looked terrible on back to back off-speed pitches when he was trying to crush fast balls in one at bat.

As frustrating as it is to see all of those runs and still not Teixeira damage, keep him in your lineup. He's going against Edwin Jackson tomorrow in Arlington. ;-)

I'll keep him in, but it's fustrating to see him leave tons and tons of people on base stranded.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TB13 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Tex puts up most his numbers at home. Don't expect much on the road.

That is actually not at all accurate. If you use only his road numbers from last year and prorate them over an entire season, then he would still hit 26 homers and have around 110 rbi's. So, yes, he puts up excellent numbers at home, but his road numbers, are still good.
Tex will be fine. He has had a slow 4-6 first weeks every year that he has been in the league so far.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TB13 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:08 pm

Ender wrote:Teix is largely a product of that ballpark,

Again, that is simply not true. IF it were, then how do you explain 13 homers and 50+ rbi's on the road last year? Yes, he hits in a hitters park and gets excellent numbers there. But let's not make it seem like he is a Coors hitter away from Coors.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers