Any secret ways to get better airfare deals? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Any secret ways to get better airfare deals?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any secret ways to get better airfare deals?

Postby Phatferd » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:54 pm

I am in Phoenix going to ASU and my friends want to come out, but they can't afford the airfare (too late to do the 21 day in advance deal). They will be coming from SoCal. They are also too lazy to drive the 6 hours.

I assume Southwest is our best option, but who knows. Does anyone know if there are secret deals that the average person isn't aware of?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:27 am

Other than checking the online sites for last minute deals, I don't know of any "secrets". I'd just drive the 6 hours, but that's me. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:32 am

get a credit card that gives out frequent flyer miles. most cards give you one mile per dollar you spend on the card. if you pay your card off monthy you wont have to pay the inflated intrest rate that comes with these types of cards. im not sure if this is fool proof but im in the process of doing somthing like this. good luck
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Phatferd » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:50 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:get a credit card that gives out frequent flyer miles. most cards give you one mile per dollar you spend on the card. if you pay your card off monthy you wont have to pay the inflated intrest rate that comes with these types of cards. im not sure if this is fool proof but im in the process of doing somthing like this. good luck

I am pretty sure the catch with those cards is the insane annual fee. I have never seen a "free" card that gives you a mile for each dollar spent. I have looked into this because I fly home a few times a year and was hoping to basically get a free trip a year.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RyanK » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:58 am

My girlfriends in Arizona right now looking at ASU... she just walked around the campus yesterday but said its really nice
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:21 am

They should have gone to the Mavericks fan appreciation night. Every fan in the building got a free ticket from American Airlines!
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:02 am

priceline.com is always worth a try
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Phatferd » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:17 am

RyanK wrote:My girlfriends in Arizona right now looking at ASU... she just walked around the campus yesterday but said its really nice

What's her name, I cans how her around...

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
:-° :-° :-° :-°
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Brewhaus » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:40 pm

I'd just tell them to drive, but if you know stuff like this way before hand the earlier you book the cheaper the deal. We got a flight from Madison to Denver with a transfer at O'Hare roundtrip for like $100 in December. The tickets are for June. In January the tickets were like $250, which was a good thing we bought them before hand.
Brewhaus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:54 pm

Anybody scalp tickets at the airport anymore? ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk