C-Irod, Piazza(dl)
1st-Thomas, Sweeney(dl)
2nd-B. Boone
3rd-Glaus
SS-Jeter, O.Cabrera
Of-Kearns(dl), Pierre, and Tucker

Sp- Loaiza, Webb, Ponson, Mussina, Lohse, Sheets, Pavano, Peavy
Rp-Guardado, Hasegawa, and Borowski

i know i really need some OF but i don't know who to get and who i can afford to give. i'm projected to exceed the ip limit by 58 innings. i'm currently in 7th overall out of 12. i'm dead last in homers, first in SB. and like 8th in ERA. can anybody help me out here? thanks
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:40 am

Compute out your steal totals, and I bet you'll find you'll still finish near the top if you trade Pierre now. Try to get some power in the OF.

Look at saves the same way. Where do you stand now, what will it cost to maintain that position, and would it hurt to much to deal a closer?

Piazza is getting closer to a return, you should be able to work his name into a trade. Might be just me, but I'd be all about trading Loaiza.

You've got some guys banged up that should do better in the second half. Sweeney should come back, Glaus will turn it on, I think Jeter will step it up and you'll be better off.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Arlo » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:29 am

Good advice. And by all means find a roster spot for another of - the longer you wait, the more stats you'll lose. I'd look to make a free agent pickup before thinking about trades - of is deep, and there should be a decent option or two on the wire.

Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team