Oriole players in general - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oriole players in general

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oriole players in general

Postby oriolesbatboy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:42 pm

Jay Gibbons, Roberts, Mora, Ramon Hernandez, Daniel Cabrera...

You could tell I'm a huge birds fan (I HATE Angelos)
I'm also concerned that I'm not diversified. Are thay all going to have great seasons or...who should I think about dropping soon...
"Big League" advice, minor league returns?
Talk to Chuck
oriolesbatboy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby YardBirds » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:54 pm

Cabrera is still having control issues... l would drop him for a solid arm on the wire.

Gibbons is having a break out year... l think he will be solid

Mora will be Mora

Brian Roberts has come back down to earth and is doing what owners thought he was going to do last year... heavy runs, good steals.

Tejada's bat has gotten hot, but watch for another second half slump (although l attribute last years to Palmiero)

l had high hopes for Matos, but he just can't stay healthy, and neither can Newhan.

Cory Patterson will get his shot now to be a nice 20/20 guy... l think he has it in him, but he has to settle down at the plate.

Conine is a good clutch hitter and has a good glove, but shouldn't be batting 2nd in my opinion.

Pitching staff is still a mess with Bedard the ace, Lopez streaky, Chen solid but not mind blowing, Cabrera still Oliver Perezing it up, and Benson is a big surprise thus far. Hopefully Mazzone can get this staff straightened out, but the lack of a true ace hurts.

l agree with you being an Angelos hater...
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 pm

If these are all guys on your team and you want to know how your team looks, then you'd probably be better off posting your question in Analyze/Rate My Team.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:02 pm

YardBirds wrote:Cabrera is still having control issues... l would drop him for a solid arm on the wire.

Mora will be Mora

Brian Roberts has come back down to earth and is doing what owners thought he was going to do last year... heavy runs, good steals.

Tejada's bat has gotten hot, but watch for another second half slump (although l attribute last years to Palmiero)

l had high hopes for Matos, but he just can't stay healthy, and neither can Newhan.

Cory Patterson will get his shot now to be a nice 20/20 guy... l think he has it in him, but he has to settle down at the plate.

Conine is a good clutch hitter and has a good glove, but shouldn't be batting 2nd in my opinion.

Pitching staff is still a mess with Bedard the ace, Lopez streaky, Chen solid but not mind blowing, Cabrera still Oliver Perezing it up, and Benson is a big surprise thus far. Hopefully Mazzone can get this staff straightened out, but the lack of a true ace hurts.

I hope you're right about Gibbons...I just picked him up off the wire. He's looking solid so far, but his swing is kind of long. How has he been able to keep his average up this year?
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby biju » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:20 pm

YardBirds wrote:Cabrera is still having control issues... l would drop him for a solid arm on the wire.

Mora will be Mora

I probably would be careful about exactly who you're picking up to replace Cabrera. Yeah, he's got control problems but if you read what he said after Monday's game you might think twice about dumping him.

Cabrera attributed his sharper control to several sessions with pitching coach Leo Mazzone.

"I worked with Leo the last seven days, and it worked today," Cabrera said. "Everything was perfect. I cut down on the walks and threw strikes."

Of course, you do have to take the bad with the good. And sometimes he's going to be bad...
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers